10 questions to help you decide if your organisation needs a CRM system
So how does an organisation know if it needs a CRM system? Surprisingly, there is no simple answer to this.
The deployment of CRM solutions in organisations both small and large has become so widespread, that to stay competitive, it is essential that at least some form of system is in place to manage your contacts, track your sales pipeline and deliver customer service.
The question is therefore not so much ‘When is the best time to implement a CRM system?’ but more, ‘What functionality do I need from a CRM system and how complex does it need to be?’
Before making the decision to invest in any form of CRM solution, you should firstly consider your existing systems and processes, and how well these meet your business needs. Once you have clarity on the scale of the problem, you can decide if investing in a new system is right for your business.
Daniel Hart (Sales Director, Horizon) - "Workbooks impressed up with their friendly and flexible approach.
They spent time with us to ensure they understood our aims and subsequently demonstrated a tailored solution that enabled us to record all of our customer information, quickly and easily.
1. Is all your contact information held in one central place that is easy accessible and visible to all members of your organisation?
2. If one of your colleagues left the business tomorrow, do you have all their customer contact details and do you know which opportunities they were working on?
3. Do you know how many deals you lost last quarter, and why?
4. Do you know how many customer service issues each customer has had, and why?
5. Do you know which members of your sales team isn't performing as well as others, and so may need further training or support?
6. Are you certain that all the leads in the sales pipeline are being followed up?
7. Can you access all your customer information when out of the office?
8. Do you know which of your marketing campaigns are the most effective at generating high quality leads?
9. Are your team staying on top of follow up communication with potential clients?
10. Are you able to generate reports on the health of your business, at any point in time?
If you answered ‘No’ to some of these questions, as experts in the CRM field, our recommendation would be for you to take a more in depth look at CRM and the benefits it can bring to your organisation.
For a free consultation with one of our CRM experts, and the opportunity to discuss your CRM requirements in more detail, please call us on +44(0) 118 3030 100.