- Summer (July) 2010 Release
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Introduction to Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- PDF Configuration
Summer (July) 2010 Interim Release
This interim release is part of our roadmap commitments, which we are pleased to deliver ahead of schedule: 'Improvements to the Workbooks One Platform'.
This upgrade consists of a number of enhancements to the Workbooks Business Edition but the bulk of the change relates to the 'Workbooks Platform' delivering improvements to the user interface as well as some known performance and appearance issues.
Here are a few examples of some of the improvements brought about by the upgrade:
- Fix to the tall and thin dialogue boxes in Safari;
- Tool tips now displaying correctly;
- Error and warning messages / pop ups in Chrome now display correctly;
- Column and column heading alignments improved.
Workbooks Business Enhancements
Transaction Documents - now part of the 'Assign To' framework
As with most other Workbooks record types, transaction documents such as Quotations and Orders, have been added to the 'Assign To' framework. This means for example, Customer Orders can be assigned to either individual Workbooks users or to order queues, which may be helpful in progressing transaction documents through your sales order process.
Foreign Currency Pricing & Supply Schemes
Foreign currency support has been enhanced. It is now possible not only to create transaction documents (such as quotations, orders and invoices) in a foreign currency, using foreign currency pricing and supply schemes, it is also now possible to use schemes set up in a different currency to that set for the particular transaction. This feature relies on an exchange rate having been set between the pricing/supply scheme's currency and the currency of the transaction document. This is particularly useful for users who wish to price products in their home currency and do not wish to maintain products with foreign currency prices. Please note however, the original calculated cost/price will not be automatically updated if there are subsequent changes in exchange rates.
This feature is over and above the existing foreign currency support whereby the values in transaction documents in a foreign currency are automatically displayed in the home currency in the analysis reveal and are available in reporting. Note: the exchange rate applied to a foreign currency transaction is now visible in the analysis reveal on transaction documents.
NOTE: When a supplier order is created by copying a customer order, the 'document currency' remains the same as that of the originating document and cannot be changed. Therefore Workbooks Business users who resell products purchased in a different currency from that in which they are sold, should create supplier orders independently from their customer orders. This restriction is subject to a future enhancement.
For Workbooks Business users who do not want to restrict supplier orders to products which have been linked to specific suppliers in the Product Book, a new setting has been created so that this restriction can be 'switched off'. The default setting is switched on, ie, the restriction is applied. To change the behaviour of Supplier Orders to allow any Supplier/Product combination, go to the Business Settings in the configuration area and amend the Strict Supplier Orders checkbox.
Copy Customer Order to Create an Opportunity
It is now possible to copy an existing Customer Order to create an Opportunity. This works in a similar way to the copy document functionality already available in the service. This feature has been added to assist with the renewals process ahead of the Contract Management module due for release before September 2010.
Edit POSTED Quotations & Orders
Currently it is possible to edit custom field values in any transaction document once it has been POSTED as long as the user is a member of a group with the appropriate capability. In this upgrade, it is now possible, again with the appropriate capability, to edit any aspect of a POSTED order or quotation. All other transaction document types remain unchanged. NOTE: These new capabilities (ie, Edit Posted Customer Quotations and Edit Posted Customer Orders) are only included in the System Administrator group. If you want other users to have these capabilities, you should either add the capabilities to an existing group (or groups) or create a new group and add that new group to the relevant users.
The Own Organisation column is now available in the list of selectable columns on the transaction landing pages. This allows users to identify which Own Organisation transaction documents are raised against. This enhancement is only applicable to customers who have more than one Own Organisation set up in a single database.
The Workbooks global search has been improved. It is now faster, more robust and easier to use, with provision to enter searches with special characters, returning results much more quickly and in a better relevance order.
There has been a range of other minor enhancements, some more notable ones are:
- Additional columns in the campaigns members tab on the campaigns screen;
- It is also now possible to create a meeting activity for a particular member of a campaign directly from the member record displayed in the membership tab.
Details of the other minor enhancements are available on request.
Known Issues in this Release
- When text is copied and pasted into the rich text editor, the scrollbar scrolls to the bottom of the text editor.
- There is a limitation on the number of rows of data that can be exported or printed. This is currently limited to 1,000 lines. If you find that you require a report which is greater in length please contact support.
- Date/time dropdown usability needs improvement. You can only select on the hour or at 30 minute intervals.
- It is not possible to change the default person salutation as any changes are overwritten.
- On-screen notifications are not generated when an activity reminder is re-scheduled from a notification.