- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- Gator Smart Forms
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
What is Gator Popup?
Gator Popup is a tool offered by Spotler to help you further interact with visitors on your website. For example, you may have a new feature in your product and want to announce it on your website rather than in an email to customers. The Popup could appear on your 'Services' page or your 'Homepage' so existing and potential customers are aware of new functionality.
Popups can appear across your website to inform visitors of upcoming events or changes, alternatively they can be placed on specific pages to encourage visitors to go to a relevant page. More information on the Gator Popup tool can be found on Spotler's website.
In addition, Popups can be used with Forms - both GatorLeads Forms and GatorMail SmartForms. You can also create custom Popups using your own coding, meaning you can host things like podcasts and YouTube videos as well as creating Info Popups, when you just want to present quick information to your audience, without directing them elsewhere. (For example, alerting viewers to a delay in response times during peak seasons.)
Prerequisite: GatorPopup is only available for Customers that have already purchased Web Insights. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this.
- Set the conditions of the Popup's in terms of location and appearance.
- Set the target page for the Popup to appear on.
- Control whether or not the Popup appears for repeat visitors.
- Include or exclude devices and operating systems for the Popup to appear on.
- Have the Popup appear for those who have navigated from another page. This can be a specific page or it can be on pages with specific UTM values in the URL.
Gator Popup works with our Web Insights tool, so all of the information will come into Workbooks as Online Activities as a type of Web Page View, this means that all of the interactions with your popups are trackable and reportable.
Configuring Popups for tracking
When configuring your Popup you will have the option to set up UTM values for the URL that visitors will use when clicking on the Popup. By default they will be set as:
Campaign Name: Popup Name
Content: gatorpopup: Popup Name
All of these UTM values can be changed to suit your requirements when setting up the Popup. As best practice, we recommend that you keep one of these values unique to all Popups as a way to ensure that your clicks are identified and trackable.
Once the UTMs have been configured as per your requirements and the Popup has been configured and enabled on your website you will be able to start tracking any Popup click throughs. Full details on the setup of Gator Popup can be found on the Spotler help site.
Capturing Popup results in Workbooks
Any web page visited through a Gator Popup will be identifiable using the UTM Values specified in the configuration of the Popup itself. For example, applying a filter to the Online Activities Landing Page where Online Activity Type equals web page view and Medium equals GatorPopup will return all of your Popup results if you are using the default UTMs provided.
When opening one of these Online Activities you will see that all of the UTM fields have been populated for that page visit as they are configured in Gator Popup. This also includes the Referrer Field so you can see which page a visitor clicked on the Popup if it accessible from multiple pages.
An Example Report that can be used with Gator Popup
As all Gator Popup information comes into Workbooks through Online Activities it is possible to build a Report to analyse the performance of each Popup and see how many clicks they are receiving.
This Report will guide you through how to build a Report that shows you how many times a page was visited through the use of a Popup.
To start this Report you will need to go to Start > New > Report > Create a new prepopulated Report > Online Activities.
Once the Report has been created add the following column:
- Object Reference
Once the column has been added you will need to create the following criteria:
- Online Activity Type is web page view
- Medium is GatorPopup
Note: If you are using your own custom UTM values to identify Popups then you will need to change the criteria on Medium to reflect this.
Once these criteria have been applied you can then add a Summary View to the Report. Within this view add Web Page as your grouping column. This will then create a row for each unique webpage that has been visited through a Popup.
Now add a Summarised Column that performs a Count of the Object Reference column, this will tell you how many web page view Online Activities have been created for each page.
Once these have been added you can Save and Run the Report.
It is also to add additional criteria such as Occurred at being in the current calendar quarter or the web page containing specific keywords if you want to look at activity over time or for specific pages.