- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- Gator Smart Forms
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Microsoft Office
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Managing Contacts with the WESS Add-in
One of the key benefits of using the WESS Add-in is the ability to use Outlook data to create contacts that will be immediately available within Workbooks. This can save users a great deal of time as all of the information within Outlook can be moved quickly and easily to Workbooks.
The WESS Add-in will look up all People & Sales Leads and show any with a matching email address. This also means If you have multiple Records with the same email address a Contact Card will appear for each Workbooks Record.
When viewing a Contact Card you will see that you have the option to search Facebook or LinkedIn using the button at the top of the Contact Card. Using either button will perform a search for accounts on the site using the name that has been saved against the Contact Card. You can then choose whether to connect with that person via Facebook or LinkedIn.
Viewing Contacts in Workbooks
If you want to add more information to the Record for Fields that are not available in the Outlook Add-in select the ellipsis button (...) which will open a new menu providing you with the option to Open the Record in Workbooks.
Selecting Open in Workbooks will open the Record in your active Workbooks instance and allow you to make any changes or updates required.
Creating Contacts in Workbooks with the WESS Add-in
When sending or receiving any email within Outlook you will see all of the contact information stored on Contact Cards within the WESS Add-in for every recipient. From here you can see an immediate snapshot of the details held within Workbooks.
If the Add-in is unable to find a Person or Sales Lead using the Email address you will see an empty Contact Card, with the title “Not found in Workbooks”.
Any user with the WESS Add-in will then be able to create this as a Person or Sales Lead Record within Workbooks by using the respective buttons at the bottom of the Contact Card.
Selecting either button will open a new form within the Add-in where you can start entering the details of the contact.
The Create Person form allows you to fill in some of the basic information for this contact and create a Record within Workbooks.
Note: Any Field with a lightbulb above it will be automatically populated with values from the Email for you.
Once you have filled in all of the details on the Contact Card select the Create button, this will save all of the details and immediately create a new Person within Workbooks. The WESS Add-in will automatically refresh and show the newly created Person’s Contact Card with all of the details populated.
Note: If you have configured any other Fields as mandatory on your Person Record . For this reason we recommend that you do not configure additional fields on the Person Record as mandatory.
Updating Contacts from Outlook
The WESS Add-in provides users with a two-way synchronisation of contact information, meaning that data can be updated in either your Outlook client or Workbooks and will be updated in the other system immediately.
When viewing a Contact Card within the Outlook Add-in you are able to amend the details within the Contact any changes will feedback to Workbooks and update the Person or Lead Record immediately.
To edit the details on a Contact Card you can select either the contact's name or the Details button.
This will open the Contact Card showing you all of the details stored in the fields used by the Add-in. To change the information held in a Field simply select the pencil icon at the end of the field.
Selecting the pencil icon will open a new dialogue box where you can update what is held in the field already. Once you have made your changes use the Done button to save them to the Contact Card.
Edited Fields will appear in bold orange text allowing you to easily review all of the changes that have been made to a contact before updating the Person Record in Workbooks.
Once saved, the text will return back to its standard font size and colour.
These changes will update Records immediately within Workbooks and can be easily reviewed as necessary.
Updating Contacts in Workbooks
When a Field is updated in Workbooks that is used by the WESS Add-in by any other user or Process these changes will update the Contact Card in Outlook.