- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Managing Records with the Outlook Add-in
In addition to being able to create and manage contacts directly from Outlook the Workbooks Outlook Add-in is also able to interact directly with a number of other record types. From within the Outlook Add-in you are able to log new tasks against contacts, review a contact’s existing Cases or look up employer details.
New Tasks can be created by the Outlook Add-in without the use of a Contact Card. This allows Users to create new Tasks in Workbooks directly from Outlook. Using the plus icon will open a new dropdown menu that will give you the option to create a new Person or Task and select Task.
This will open a blank Task Record within the Outlook Add-in where you can enter the details as required. The Subject, Status, Priority and Type fields will need to be populated before the Record can be saved and created in Workbooks.
The Assigned to Field is also a required Field but will be Automatically populated with your username.
Note: The Primary Contact of the Task is not required and will not be automatically populated upon creation.
The Description field is also required, but will be automatically populated with the body of the email that you are viewing.
Note: If you have configured any other Fields as mandatory on your Activity Records then creation of the new record will fail. For this reason we recommend that you do not configure additional fields on the Activity Records as mandatory.
Viewing Employer Details
When viewing a Contact Card within the Workbooks Outlook Add-in you are also able to review the details of that Person’s employer. To do this simply select the Employer’s name on the Contact Card.
This will open an Organisation Form that shows a summary of the information that is held within Workbooks. From this form not only are you able to review information such as the contact details, but you can also make amendments within Outlook that will update the Organisation Record directly in Workbooks.
At the bottom of the form you are also able to review all of the related Tasks and Cases linked to the Organisation in Workbooks.
From the Employer form you will also have the ability to create a new Person Record within Workbooks that will be linked to the Organisation as an Employee. To do this you will need to open the More… menu, here you can either open the Organisation Record and view it fully in Workbooks or select New Person to create a new employee.
Selecting New Person will open a create person form, where the Employer will be automatically set to the Organisation that this was generated from. In addition to this Field you will also need to ensure that the Person name, Email and Assigned to fields are populated.
Searching for Records
The Workbooks Outlook Add-in allows you to search through a number of record types, these are:
Searching for Records is done through the use of the search bar at the top of the Add-in, the Outlook Add-in will then look up records based on the Name, Summary or Description fields. This will then return results from all record types in a list within the Add-in.
If you want to search for a record from a specific type, this can be done by using the funnel button, which will open a picklist allowing you to choose from a list of all of the available record types.
If you want to then clear the search results and return to the Contact Cards of the email you are viewing pressing the refresh button will remove all of the search results and return you to the default view.
Viewing Related Items
When viewing a Contact Card you will be able to see all of the related Tasks, Meetings and Cases that are linked to that person. If these Records exist then you will see the menus at the bottom of their Contact Card with a count of the number of records.
Note: The Outlook Add-in limits the number of records shown to 100 of each type.
In order to review these records you will need to expand the menu, this will allow you to see a summary of the records listed against that Person.
To open a record in Workbooks select the ellipsis (...), this will open a new menu and give you the ability to open the record directly in Workbooks.
It is also possible to review details of the Record within Outlook, by selecting the Summary this will open the details of the Case that are accessible to the Outlook Add-in. All Record types can be updated and edited from within the Outlook Add-in providing that there is a pencil icon next to the Field.