- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign Example - Taking Payments
- DocuSign Example - Updating Related Records
- Docusign Example - Multiple Document Sends
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Cases
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Organisations
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for People
- DocuSign Example - Unified PDF
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Once you’ve sent your GatorMail Campaign, you can use Workbooks to set up automated Workflows that can be used to send a series of follow up Emails. Using an automated marketing system ensures that the Mailshots are followed up in a timely manner, this allows your Marketing team to optimise the ROI of Campaigns.
To set up this automated process, you will need to build Reports and these follow up emails can be based on specific criteria within the Report. This guide will walk you through how to set up two follow on Mailshots to be sent after the original email has been sent. One Report will be used to contact Mailshot Members that opened the original Email and the second will contact those that did not.
Step 1 - Build the Report
The first step is to build the Reports that will form the basis of our workflows. In this case, we can use a single Report with two Summary Views - those who did open the Email and those who did not. We would recommend creating a copy of the original Report that was used, as this Report is being used to control a potentially live Campaign changes in the Members could mean that incorrect people receive the communication.
From the original Report use the Copy Report Button, you may want to rename this in order to prevent confusion later on.
The first thing we will need to do is add two new columns on to the Details tab:
Online Activities > Online Activity Type
Online Activities > Marketing Campaign name
A Criteria will need to be added so that the Field Marketing Campaign name equals the name of the Campaign that the original Mailshot was sent from, this will then only show you the Online Activities for the Campaign Members specific to this Campaign.
Finally add a calculated Column called Email Open Count with the following formula:
IF(online_activities.online_activity_type = "Email Opened", 1, 0)
This will create a column that outputs a 1 every time an email has been opened.
You can now add a Summary View to show which Recipients have opened the Email. First add the Person Reference as a Grouping column as well as the Person’s Name and Email address as value columns.
Now add a Subtotal column to show the Total Email Open Count:
This will give a list of all of your recipients from the original Mailshot and a count of the number of times they have opened the Email.
Finally, apply a calculated Criteria to show where the Total Email Open Count is not equal to 0.
This Summary View will now show you which recipients opened your email.
For the second Summary View we simply need to make a copy of this and name it Members that did not open the Email.
On the Criteria of this tab you will need to change the Calculated Criteria from Total Email Open Count is not equal to 0 to Total Email Open Count is equal to 0.
This Summary View will now show you all of the Campaign Members that did not receive your initial communication. However, this view will not currently differentiate between those who received the email and did not open it and those who did not receive the email.
If you want to distinguish between these two groups we can do this by adding another calculated column called ‘Received Email?’ on the Details tab. By adding the following Formula:
IF( online_activities.online_activity_type = "Email Bounce" OR online_activities.online_activity_type = "Undeliverable", 1, 0)
This means that if an Online Activity of Type Bounce or Undeliverable was generated this column will output a 1, otherwise a zero.
On your Summary View you can now add another Column to Show the Total Received Email.
Now add a second Calculated Criteria to show when the Total Received Email is 0.
This will now limit the Summary View to only recipients that received your first email but did not open it.
Once you have created these two Summary Views can Save & Close the Report.
NOTE: It would also be possible to add time based criteria on your Report, thereby only adding people to these Reports once the initial email was sent a certain time ago, such as a week.
Step 2 - Configuring your Campaign
We now need to create two new Dynamic Mailing Lists, one from each Summary View, a full guide on how to do this can be found here.
Once the Mailing Lists have been created they need to be added to your Campaign, this will not affect the number of Members in the Campaign as both of these Mailing Lists should be a subset of your original Mailing List.
Step 3 - Creating the Mailshots
You will now need to create two new Mailshots, this is done from the Mailshots tab of the Campaign.
Once you have created a New GatorMail Mailshot you will need to select Member Lists from the Recipients option and choose the appropriate Mailing List for each of the Mailshots.
You will now see two additional Draft Mailshots
These can now be Synchronised to GatorMail and set up to be initiated by adding a start date. you want them to send from.
Online Activities will now flow back into Workbooks from the subsequent Mailshots, both against the Campaign and each Individual Mailshot.