Sales and marketing should work closely, but sadly, 87% of the terms they use to describe each other are negative. The right CRM can bring their battle to an end!
Would you like to see…
- The number of qualified leads rising…
- Your cost of sales falling…
- The length of the sales cycles shrinking?
We bet you would!
The right CRM can do this for you…
- With a little bit of planning… And a bit more co-operation.
- You can change the way your sales and marketing teams talk.
There’ll be no more
“We generate leads, but sales don’t follow up”
“Marketing pass on leads that are not qualified”
- Automated lead allocation.
- Easy-to-see sales forecasts.
- Full end-to-end customer picture.
- Putting sales and marketing on the same page…
- Delivering more revenue!
Follow our DOs and DON’Ts to create office harmony…
- DO encourage regular reviews between sales and marketing managers.
- DO encourage joint territory planning.
- DO set shared goals, as well as individual goals.
- DON’T let them decide what’s successful all by themselves.
- DON’T create a culture of competition – it will backfire!
- DO create measurements for scoring your leads.
- DON’T let either team decide that criteria for themselves.
- DO tell everyone what each team is working towards.
- DO arrange ‘ride alongs’ for all members of your team.
- DO set up mixed ‘working teams’ to discuss improvements.
- DO introduce incentives that get everyone working together.
- DON’T introduce incentives that set teams on different paths.
- DO provide public recognition of achievements.
- DON’T give public criticism for things that didn’t work.
- Got the right CRM?
- Got clear goals and measurement criteria?
- Got joint incentives in place?
- Got sales and marketing managers meeting regularly?
Once you’ve ticked all those boxes you’re on the road to ticking the best ones of all.
Better lead generation, management, conversion and ultimately revenue.