Using CRM lead rating to motivate salespeople yields larger returns and profits.
“So, what is lead scoring? Simple, it’s a relative ranking of one prospective lead against another.” – Steve Gershik, The Innovative Marketeer.
You set a list of criteria, to help you figure out which customers are hot prospects and worth additional sales efforts. Essentially, you identify who is most likely to make a purchase from your company.
Why lead rate with CRM?
CRM lead rating, or scoring, is useful because it:
- Identifies customers likely to make a purchase.
- Identifies customers unlikely to make a purchase.
- Allows efforts to be focused and prioritised based on these rates.
“Companies that get lead scoring right have a 192% higher average lead qualification rate than those that do not” – Aberdeen Research.
That’s lead rating sorted. What about the motivation promise?
From the point-of-view of your salespeople:
- Wasted sales effort is demotivating.
- Constant refusals are demotivating.
- Knowing in advance that a customer is likely to say ‘yes’ is motivating.
- Knowing there is a good chance of closing a sale means there is a greater chance of making commission – great motivation!