- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Using the Adobe Sign Integration
When you want to send a Document to a Customer, first check that the document has a Primary Contact, and that the document is Posted if it is a Transaction Document. Then tick the ‘Send to Adobe Sign’ field if you want to send the document immediately, or leave it unticked to simply create the Activity ready to send the document later. Then run your ‘Send PDF to Adobe Sign’ button process.
- Generate an Activity of Type ‘Adobe Sign’ and relate it to your record.
- Populate the ‘Adobe Sign Task’ DLI field on your record.
- Assign the Activity to the User or Queue that was set in the ‘adobe_sign_task_assigned_to_name’ parameter, or if this was left blank, will be assigned to the User that ran the process.
- Give the Activity a Priority of ‘Medium’.
- Give the Activity a Due Date of ‘today’.
- Set the Subject of the Activity in the format ‘Adobe Sign for Object Reference’.
- Set the Primary Contact of the Activity to the Primary Contact from your record, plus any other Related People will be added as Attendees.
- Attach the PDF document to the Activity.
If you ticked the ‘Send to Adobe Sign’ field, then:
- The Activity will be given a Status of ‘Sent to Adobe Sign’.
- The document will be sent to Adobe Sign, and the relevant url entered into the ‘Adobe Sign URL’ field on your record, which will make the document visible on the ‘Adobe Sign’ tab. Once the process has run, it will take you to the ‘Adobe Sign’ tab on your record, allowing you to ensure that the recipients and settings are correct before sending the document.
If you did not tick the ‘Send to Adobe Sign’ field, then:
- The Activity will be given a Status of ‘New’.
- The document will not be sent to Adobe Sign.
- You must then later run the button process from the Activity to send the Document to Adobe Sign. This will fill in the ‘Adobe Sign Document URL’ field on your Activity and allow you to complete and send the document from the ‘Adobe Sign Task UI’ tab on the Activity.
Once the document has been sent, there is a process that will update the status of the Activity based on the document’s status in Adobe Sign. A Note will be attached to the Activity to audit the change in status. Once the document has been signed, the signed PDF will be attached to the Activity; its name will be prefixed with ‘SIGNED’.
The Activity Statuses are as follows:
- New: The ‘Send to Adobe Sign’ tickbox was false so the Adobe Sign Activity has been created, but the document has not been sent to Adobe Sign.
- Sent to Adobe Sign: The ‘Send to Adobe Sign’ tickbox was true so the Activity has been created and the document has been sent to Adobe Sign ready for sending.
- Created in Adobe Sign: The recipients have been set up with Adobe Sign, but the document has not yet been sent to them.
- Awaiting Signature: The document has been sent to the set recipients.
- Document Viewed: The recipient has viewed the document but is yet to sign it.
- Complete: The document has been signed by all parties and has been attached to the Activity.
- Sender Cancelled: The sender of the PDF has recalled the document.
- Recipient Cancelled: The recipient has rejected the document and will not sign it.
- Document Expired: The document has not been signed within the allotted time.
NOTE: If you use the Workbooks Outlook Connector, make sure that you amend the filters to exclude the Adobe Sign Tasks from the synchronisation. The Outlook Connector could incorrectly mark the Workbooks Task as complete before the document has been signed.
The 'Assigned to' of the Activity will receive a Notification (an email or pop-up window depending on their Preferences) informing them when the document has been signed. A Notification will not be received if the Activity is assigned to a Queue.