- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Click on the type of template you want to create:
- A template for a specific record type - for a template that can only be used when working within that particular record type.
- A mailshot email template - to create the content for a mailshot.
- A simple email template - to create a general Email Template.
NOTE: Users with Configuration capabilities can also access Templates within the Configuration area.
No matter which of the following template types you choose, you can include placeholders that will display information about the current date, current user and so on. The full list and details of the syntax that should be used can be found here.
Click 'A specific record type'.
By default, Templates are private to the user who created them. To share them with other users, click on the Sharing Permissions padlock icon in the top right-hand corner.
Choose the object type (record type) for which you want to create a new Template by clicking on its name. If any pre-defined templates exist for the object type you've chosen, you will see them listed here. You can open the template by clicking on it, and can then use it just as it is or modify it to suit your needs.
If you're creating a template from scratch, click 'New Blank Template' and enter a name for your template.
Use the checkboxes on the right to control whether the Template is available for use with Emails, Notes or Google Docs (or any combination of the three). If you choose to create a template for use with Emails and want the template to include a user's default Email Signature, tick the box next to 'Allow Signature'.
Arrow 1: You can select the email address that you want the email to be sent from. The drop-down box will show any email addresses that are linked to your Workbooks account. NOTE: When sharing the template with other Workbooks users, ensure that they also have the email added to their account.
The To, Cc and Bcc fields can be populated as you would a standard email, you can add whole mailing lists in these fields or individual recipients.
NOTE: In order for the categorisation of the template to appear on relevant records, you must also assign a category to the record itself that the template applies to. To see how to do this, please click here.
Now complete the Subject field and populate the Body.
NOTE: Leave the Subject field blank if you want to retain the subject that has been applied to the target record. For example, if you want the subject of an Activity to remain after a template has been applied, leave the Subject field in the template blank.
To merge data specific to the object type for which you're creating the template, with the body text, use the dropdown picklist next to 'Fields' and add whichever fields you require. Merge field data can be added to the Template Body and/or to the Subject. Within the drop-down, you will see a list of all the fields from the record type for which you are creating the Template. For example, if you're creating a Template for Cases, you'll see options such as Contact email, Description, Object Reference, Status and so on. In addition, you can use the breadcrumb to 'drill through' to other record types. This widens the range of merge fields you can apply to your template to include data from other records.
If you want to include the logo that has been set up within the Upload Library for use on templates, you can enter the text @logo@ to your template.
You may want to create a template that includes a placeholder for multiple lines. For example, you might want to see all the Activities linked to an Opportunity or all the Campaigns of which a Person is a member. To do this, you need to alter the HTML within the template. Click here for more information.
NOTE: Templates must be activated before being available for use so click on 'Activate' to save and close the template.
- Click 'A mailshot email template'.
- Enter a name for your template.
- Complete the Subject field and populate the Body.
To insert data specific to the mailshot recipient (whose details can be held in either a Person or a Sales Lead record) use the dropdown picklist next to Fields, and add whichever fields you require.
To merge data specific to the object type for which you're creating the template, with the body text, use the dropdown picklist next to 'Fields' and add whichever fields you require. Merge field data can be added to the Template Body and/or to the Subject.
NOTE: Within the drop-down there are custom fields which are only present on one type of record, ie just on a Sales Lead or just on a Person, and so contain the label (Sales Lead only) or (Person only), respectively. If you use one of these fields and your mailshot is sent to both types of recipient this will result in the field being blank on some emails.
The mailshot Template includes the following text: "You have received this email because email address'@main_email@' is subscribed to '@subscription_name@'. If you do not wish to receive these emails you may change your email subscriptions".
When the email arrives with the recipient, @main_email@ will be replaced by the recipient's main email address and @subscription_name@ will be replaced by the name of the Campaign that the mailshot relates to. The recipient can click on 'change your email subscriptions', and opt out of mail for just this campaign or for other/all campaigns. Do not try to delete this text as you will not be able to activate or save the template without it.
- Mailshot Templates are also visible on the Mailshots Landing Page - Start > Marketing > Mailshots > Mailshot Templates.
- Templates must be activated before being available for use - click on 'Activate' to save and close the template.
You may want to add page breaks to your email template so that some headings appear on a separate page rather. To do this, you will need to add page break to the HTML code, below is an example of adding page breaks on each heading:
Our recent blog post "How to Explode Your Email Marketing ROI With Your CRM" may be of interest.
To create general Email Templates, ie those that don't relate to specific object (record) types:
- Click 'A simple email template'.
- In the screen that appears, give your template a name.
- If you want the template to include a user's default Email signature, tick the box next to 'Allow Signature'.
- This form will contain a similar layout to the specific record type, containing both the 'Available in' picklist, as well as the: From, To, Cc and Bcc fields explained above.
- Complete the subject and then the main body.
NOTE: Templates must be activated before being available for use - click on 'Activate' to save and close the template.
Click here for information on applying a template when sending an email.