- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Gator Smart Forms
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Sync Deleted Workbooks Records
- Outreach Email Events to Online Activities
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Spotler Data Sync
What is Data Sync?
The Spotler Data Sync is a tool that connects to the Workbooks platform and synchronises:
- Workbooks Mailing List Members into Groups in GatorMail. This synchronisation only applies to Workbooks Mailing Lists that have been marked as 'Synchronise with Gator' and a specific Data Sync needs to be set up for each Mailing List.
- GatorMail Campaigns (ie, ones that didn't originate in Workbooks) are synchronised back into Workbooks as Mailshots. The audience information is not included but Online Activities are connected and the summary statistics are included (opens, clicks, etc).
Creating a Data Sync
Login to your Spotler account and access your GatorMail product. From the left-hand menu select Tools > Data Sync.
- Give your Sync a name.
- Add a description - this isn't mandatory but we'd recommend you add text to described why the Sync has been set up.
- If you want to copy an existing Sync you can do so at Step 3.
- Click Create New to be taken to a screen where you provide more information on the details for the Sync.
- The name will pull through from the previous screen.
- The description, if you entered one, will pull through from the previous screen.
- The Connector should default to Workbooks.
- You can use the dropdown to select a pre-set schedule for the Sync, or
- Click Create New ... to set up your own schedule.
- if you tick the checkbox next to Add to Group you can add the data that is going to be sychronised to that Group. If you're setting up a Workflow then you should already have set up an empty Group in Gator that has the same name as the Mailing List in Workbooks that defines your workflow entry audience.
- If you've specified a Group to add members to, you can also tick the checkbox to remove members from the Group. This means that if a Person/Lead is removed from your Mailing List in Workbooks, they will also be removed from the Gator Group.
- Use the dropdown to select the Group to which you want to add the members. If you leave this blank, a new group with the same name as the Data Sync will be created.
- Click on Data to move to the next step in the Data Sync.
Use the dropdown under Data to select the name of the Workbooks Mailing List that contains your audience and then click on the Mappings tab.
Mapping enables you to select the fields that pass from Workbooks into GatorMail. You can use these fields to personalise your emails and apply dynamic content blocks. Your mappings should already be in place but you can add new ones if required.
- The Source Field refers the the name of the field within Workbooks.
- The GatorMail Attribute refers to the name of the field within GatorMail.
- The sync can be in just one direction (from Workbooks into Gator), which is indicated by a single arrow. Two arrows indicates that the sync is bi-directional. Clicking on the arrows toggles between one and two.
- Click Add Mapping.
- Click Save.
- Click Change State and from the dropdown that appears, select Enabled and click Change State.
Your request will be queued and you can click Refresh to check its progress.