- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up your Users
This page will cover how to comprehensively create and set up a new User account including how to set up their User Groups, Capabilities and Permissions.
First, go to Start > Configuration > Users & Security > Users, to bring up the User Landing Page. This will show you all of your current Users. To create a new User, click the New User button at the top of the page.
This will open up a User record. Start on the Main Tab of the User Record, which is where you enter the basic information for that User, such as Full Name, Login Email and their Password.
This checkbox will be ticked by default, which means that when you've completed and saved the new User's record, they will be sent an activation email. If you don't want an email to be sent, remove the tick, but remember to return to the record to tick the checkbox later so that the User can validate their details, and login to Workbooks. If a User leaves your organisation you will want to disable their login by removing the tick from this box.
This is not only the email address that is used to log in, but also the email address that we will send the activation email to, so ensure that it corresponds to an active Mailbox that the User has access to.
You can also only enter an email address that has not been used before, so if it has been used elsewhere, perhaps on a trial account, you will get an error message stopping you from creating the new User. Contact Support if you need help resolving this.
Note: If you save the User record but the login email was entered incorrectly, the activation email will not be sent to you. The User record will need to be deleted and recreated again, so please check the login email for spelling mistakes before saving.
For security reasons, the activation email sent to new Users does not include their password. You will need to supply that separately. You can control how a password is formatted within Account Settings > Password Policy.
By default, the “Change at next login” box will be checked, this means that you can give your New User a temporary password to access Workbooks the first time, and then they will be prompted to change the Password to their own.
Note: You can prevent individual Users from having to change their password frequently (depending on your Password Policy) by checking the 'Exempt from Password Expiry' box. We do not recommend this for users logging in via the desktop but it can be helpful for API client Users.
Language and Region
Now enter their Language and Time settings; if all of your Users are going to be in the same Timezone and working in the same language you can tick the “Use these for all new users” box allowing you to skip this step in the future.
The User can change these later if necessary, within their Preferences.
Use the dropdown picklist next to Allocated Edition to select the edition you want this User to have. You will also need to select the Allocated Extensions that they will be using such as the Outlook Connector and Customer Contracts.
Note: If you upgrade any licences from the CRM to the Business edition but do not immediately allocate your new licences, Users will see a warning message when logging in saying that the licences must be reallocated (by the System Administrator). This message will appear for a 2-week period after the expiry of the original licences. Until this reallocation has taken place, the Users will still have access to their original CRM licence. At the end of the 2-week period, if the licences have not been reallocated, the Users will no longer be able to login.
More details on how to manage user licences more effectively, and keeping within the allocated limits, can be found in Licences & Modules.
If you have only one Own Organisation then the User will be automatically assigned to their record, if however you have multiple Own Organisations you will need to assign an Own Organisation.
Assigning Users to an Own Organisation enables them to create transactions for those Organisations, as well as creating Customer and Supplier agreements, as long as they have the appropriate Capabilities to carry out those processes. Some Users (such as the Accountant and the System Administrator) will need to be associated with more than one Own Organisation for practical reasons.
Note: Users assigned to just one Own Organisation will not be aware of any other Own Organisations and will only have permission to use the tax codes and currencies of their Own Organisation.
When you create a new User it will be added to the Everyone Group automatically, giving them the capabilities that are assigned to this group.
Workbooks is supplied with several User Groups already configured, covering a range of job roles. By adding the User to additional User Groups this will also increase the number of Capabilities that they have.
This is done from the Add Group button at the top of the ‘Groups’ tab. Use the checkboxes to select the relevant Groups, then click ‘Save & Close’.
Once the Groups have been added to the User, go to the ‘Capabilities’ tab and check that they can do everything they need to, and don’t have the capability to do something they shouldn’t. If there are any required Capabilities that are missing, these cannot be added individually, and must be added via User Groups.
Note: Capabilities can be contained within multiple User Groups - removing a User from a User Group will not necessarily remove the Capabilities if the Capability is contained within one of the other User Groups that the User is a member of.
To make a User a System Admin, they must be added to the 'System Admin' User Group. This will give them every possible Capability, full access to every record, full access to every Record Type and have full permissions to change anything, including Configuration. We advise that the number of System Admins per account is restricted.