- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up Azure User Templates within Workbooks
Creating User Templates for Microsoft Logins allows you to automatically and instantly provision new Users with a licence based on their Group Membership within Azure Active Directory. Rather than creating an account for each new user that requires access to Workbooks, these templates can be set up and used indefinitely and amended as required to allow for quick configuration of new users.
User Templates are setup within the Microsoft Logins section of the Configuration Menu. This is found under Start > Configuration > Account Settings> Authentication and choose Microsoft Authentication, from here select the User Templates tab.
NOTE: Ensure that User Provisioning is checked otherwise accounts will not be provisioned.
To create a new User Template select the Add button, this will open a new window where you can create a new User Template.
In order to create the User Template you must populate the following Fields:
Azure Group: The name of the Azure Group that the User belongs to. This is an exact name match, so we would recommend copying the name directly from Azure.
Template Order: Select the Order that this Template will appear in. Users will be added to the first template that matches their Azure Group. This means that if you have a User that is a member of two Azure Groups they will only be provisioned using the first with an exact name match.
NOTE: Due to this we recommend that you order Templates such as “All Users” last and have niche User Groups such as “Workbooks Admin” at the top of the list.
Enabled: Select whether you want to enable this User Template or not.
Timezone: The User's timezone.
Further down the screen you will see a list of all the available databases on your account. You can grant or deny access to each database, choose which default Own Organisation the new User will have, and select Groups within the database that the User will be a member of.
Finally, you can select a licensed Workbooks Edition and choose Workbooks extensions that the User will be provisioned with.
Now you can Save & Close the User Template. User Templates can be edited later if needed.
After you have set up all the required User Templates, Users with Active Directory accounts will now be able to access Workbooks by using the Login with Microsoft button.
If the user has already logged into Office, and their sign in is remembered, they will be automatically logged into Workbooks when using the same browser. If a User is using incognito mode or a different browser they will be prompted to log into their Microsoft Account.
- When a User logs in via Microsoft for the first time there are a few possible outcomes:
- If they are a new Workbooks User a Workbooks account will be created for them in line with the first matching Azure Group that they are a member of, and they will have access to all the Groups and Databases this User Template has access to.
NOTE: Users will not be sent an activation email when logging in for the first time, so they will be able to log in to the system immediately.
- If they are an existing User and have access to all the databases within your Workbooks account that the first matching User Template has access to, they will be logged in as normal, their User Groups will not be modified.
- If they are an existing User but do not have access to all the databases within your Workbooks account that the first matching User Template has access to, then their User Groups will not be modified within the databases that they previously had access to, but will be given access to any additional databases and put into the User Groups as outlined in the User Template.
- If they are an existing user but are not a member of an Azure group with a matching Workbooks User Template then they will be logged in as before.
- If they are a new user and are not a member of an Azure group with a matching Workbooks User Template then they will be unable to login to Workbooks.
NOTE: Licenses will be automatically provisioned for users when logging in for the first time, even if this exceeds your license limit.
Amending User Templates and logins for existing users
When a User logs in for the first time with the Microsoft Login, a Trusted Identity is created that is found within a User’s Preferences.
While this Trusted Identity exists, the User will be able to log in to Workbooks with a single click using the Login with Microsoft button.
If you make changes to the configuration for a database with a User Template - such as reconfiguring Group membership or the default Own Organisation - and you want to re-provision a User via the User Template, then the User may delete their Trusted Identity and log in with Microsoft again. The User’s Group membership and default Own Organisation will be reconfigured, and the Trusted Identity will be recreated to show that the User has been provisioned in the database.