- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
January 2016 Release
De-duplication and Merging
We have added a capability which will highlight duplicate Organisations or duplicate People records. Having identified duplicates, users with the new capability will be able to merge the records, choosing which record to retain and which values from the duplicates to merge into the retained record.
Duplicate records will then be deleted. The capability has been given to System Administrators only they can then decide which other users should also be able to use this functionality. For more information, click here.
A number of enhancements have been made as highlighted below, click here for more information:
Reports inside records
We have extended reporting to allow you to put Reports inside a record. It is also possible to constrain the results shown on the Reports so that they are specific to the record you are looking at. It works in a similar way to the existing Constrained Dynamic Linked Item custom field functionality. You will be able to:
Display a Report in a grid format on the main tab of a record
Display a Report in a separate tab on a record
Display a single value from a Report in a cell on the main tab of a record
Constrain the values on the Reports based on other fields in the record
Further details can be found here.
It is now possible to add a target value into a report making it much easier to measure performance against target. You will automatically see columns for the Actual value, the Target value and the Achieved value, which will be displayed as a percentage.
Conditional styling (colour coding)
Reporting now allows you to apply conditional styling based on the value in a column. You'll be able to specify a lower and an upper threshold, which controls three colour ranges (below the lower threshold, between the two and above the upper threshold). By default traffic light red / amber / green colours will be applied, but you'll be able to specify colours of your choice.
In addition, if more thresholds are required, users will be able to use calculated styling to apply more advanced CSS styling.
To make it quicker to create summary views that contain the same columns as existing summaries, you can now simply copy summary views within one Report.
Limiting the number of rows returned
If you'd like to create a Report that returns, say, the top 5 results, this is now possible using a Limit setting.
Record & Field Renaming
It's now easy to change the name of records within Workbooks so if you'd prefer Organisations to be called Companies, or People to be called Contacts, it's quick to amend.
In addition, it's now possible to change the label on standard fields in Workbooks so, for example, if you'd like the label for Postcode/Zipcode to say simply Postcode or just Zipcode this can be updated easily and one change will amend the name throughout the system.
NOTE: Some standard fields cannot be renamed. This will be stated when you open the field, and the field label will be read-only.
When looking at the Fields tab on a record type (within Configuration), you'll see that both Custom and Standard fields are displayed in one list. Click here for more information.
If your company has offices in other countries and you'd like users to be able to see Workbooks in the language of their choice, we now support this functionality. We have completed translations into Spanish, German and American and are currently working on a translation into French.
Any other language can be supported, including multi-byte character sets. This functionality will require a specific licence and is currently only available in Beta. We'd welcome your thoughts on which other languages we should support so feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback or to request involvement in our Beta program. For further information about Translation, click here.
It is no longer possible to assign records to a user who does not have a valid licence. If a user leaves and you remove their licence, existing records will still show as being assigned to them but their name will not appear on the Assigned to picklist.
If you have allocated more licences to users than you have purchased, a warning banner will be displayed at the top of the desktop for all your users.
Clicking on the banner will open a window showing your licence usage and the over-allocation. Your System Administrator should address the situation by checking that the currently allocated licences are correct and, where appropriate, purchasing additional licences. For more details about this, click here.
Enhancements have been made to Campaigns as highlighted below, click here for more information:
Custom fields on members
We've added the ability to include custom fields on Campaign Members, so you can track additional attributes for your target market.
Now you can use fields from a Marketing Campaign, including any custom fields, as placeholders on Mailshot email templates, providing you with much more flexibility when communicating with your target market.
We are connecting Workbooks to Zapier, which is an integration platform allowing you to connect Workbooks to lots of different systems. The basic concept is that we develop a connection to Zapier which our customers can use to build the workflows they need.
Zapier calls these workflows Zaps. Zaps are a combination of triggers (something happens) and actions (a resulting action happens in another tool). The foundation work to create these Zaps has been carried out for Invoice records. This functionality is being made available in Beta. For more information about Zapier, click here or if you'd like to be involved, please contact email@example.com.
When databases are copied all automated processes and triggers are disabled.
Custom Fields are now created and updated using background tasks. A newly created Custom Field will have a status of Being Created. It will only be usable within a database when its status changed to Available. This may take a few minutes for a large database. If notifications are enabled, you will receive a notification when the field is available. More information can be found by clicking here.