- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- September 2019 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Creating a Pre-populated Report
Modifying an existing report is a quick way to create a series of similar but different reports without changing the original report.
Click on Refresh preview each time you add a column, criteria or summarise your data. This enables you to check your report is building correctly and 'sense-check' that it's displaying the results in the way you require.
Pre-populated reports are useful for creating a report with a set of commonly used columns - it's quicker than adding the columns manually. If any columns are not of interest, simply remove them from the report by clicking the red cross and equally you can add more columns if required.
Please note, by default, pre-populated reports don't have any criteria, which means all records of that record type will be displayed. Add Criteria to limit the results to a particular set of records.
How to create a pre-populated Report
Click Start > New > Report > A new pre-populated report and select the record type on which you want to base your report.
1. Fill in the fields on the Main tab:
- Give the report a clear Name - Keep it simple yet accurate. This will ensure the report is easy to locate e.g. "Opportunities created this financial year".
- Add a meaningful Description - This makes it easy for you and colleagues to understand the report's purpose e.g. "List of opportunities created this financial year, showing their value and the gross margin".
- Set a Category - The category field makes it easier to group and find reports based on their purposes. You can select from one of the pre-defined categories, or add/amend the categories picklist within Configuration.
- Click Save.
2. Details View > Columns Tab:
The Details tab displays a preview of the report. Workbooks automatically formats columns. For example, Amount is formatted as a currency and a total has been added at the bottom of the Amount column.
NOTE: The total shown is the total for ALL the rows in your report, not just the ones visible in the preview window. If your report contains more than 1,000 rows of data, the total won't show automatically (and you'll see the word 'Calculate' in greyed out letters, but you can make it appear simply by clicking on Calculate).
3. Details View > Criteria Tab:
You now have a report of all Opportunities on your database. You can sort, reorder or filter this information as you would with any other grid in Workbooks. To refine the results to show only those that are open, click Criteria > Add criteria. From the picklist, choose Record state.
This will activate the Operator field. Click on the dropdown to see the operators you can apply. To select only open Opportunities select is and in the next box that appears, specify Open. Click Save & Close then click Refresh preview to update the results displayed.
NOTE: This is the Details view, which simply lists opportunities and adds a sub-total at the foot of the Amount column. The Opportunities are not yet Grouped / Summarised. This is done in the next stage, where a Summary View is created.
4. Details View > Automation Tab:
5. Summary View:
Adding a Summary view allows you to Summarise / Group the Opportunities listed in the detail report by a column, in this case Opportunity Stage. Summarising by Opportunity stage will give a breakdown of values for Opportunities at each Stage.
- Click Add Summary View and select Add Summary View from Details.
- Click Add value column > Subtotal column.
Next to Column choose Amount. You'll see that the report defaults to calculating the total and the tick in the checkbox next to Display summary indicates that a grand total will be shown at the bottom of the column.
Next to Group by choose Opportunity Stage. Click Save & Close.
When you refresh your report view you'll see that you now have a summarised report of open opportunities, grouped by opportunity stage, showing sub-totals for the amount at each stage, as well as the total value for all the open opportunities.
Drilling and Filtering
If you want to see more details about the opportunities that have now been summarised, you can drill into them (which in effect provides you with a filtered list of the opportunities in your details report). Hover over the right-hand side of one of your columns and click on the down arrow. Depending on exactly where you click, you can choose to Filter the results or Drill into the results, as shown below:
NOTE: Drilling and filtering will only work if the checkbox next to Details on the report main tab is ticked.
... and here's the result. You've drilled into the data and the filtered results from the Details tab are displayed.
Automation (Running Processes from Reports)
It's possible to perform a Bulk Action on a Report by running a Script against the records identified in the Report. For information on how to set this up, click here.