- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
The views in tabs are grids, which can be customised to suit your needs.
In any record, you'll see a series of tabs across the top of the window which hold all relevant and related information to the record you're viewing. The exact tabs you'll see will vary depending on what type of record is open and how your administrator has set up your forms. The number in brackets on each tab tells you how many records are associated to the main record within that tab.
To move from one tab to next, simply click on it. If a record or report contains more tabs than fit on the screen, a hamburger icon will appear to the left of the Main tab. Clicking on it displays a list of all the tabs, which you can click on to 'hop' to the tab you want to open.
You can quickly navigate back to the Main tab by double clicking the hamburger icon.
The following is a glossary of tabs you will see across Workbooks:
This is the first screen you'll see on any record and holds all the vital fields. In a person record, for example, this is where you will enter information such as Name, Job Title, etc. It is also where you can designate the record as being your Partner, Supplier, Customer and/or Prospect, as well as recording any Agreements (Partner / Supplier / Customer / Prospect) and Opt-Outs from sales calls or mailings.
The Overview tab displays high-level information about the People and Activity records related to Cases and Opportunities. You can find more information about this here.
The Summary tab shows you all activities and transaction documents linked to this record. The Summary tab will also show any Notes or Emails related to this record. The Summary tab on an Organisation record also shows the Emails sent to or from employees of the Organisation to give an overview of all the activity at that Organisation. You can apply a filter to control which records you see.
The Summary tab will show in a Timeline View by default; find more information about this here.
This tab shows all Activities - phone calls, to-do's, meetings etc. that have been logged against this record. You can upload files against an Activity so you've got them to hand when you need them.
- You can add Activities from within the Activities tab, by clicking either Schedule an Activity (giving you the options of Task, Phone call, To-do, or Meeting) or Record an Activity (giving you the options of Task, Phone call, Email, or Meeting).
- You can also preview the Activity descriptions by clicking on the expand symbol (+) in the leftmost column.
This tab lists all Campaigns to which the record has been added (as opposed to the Campaign field shown in the Main tab, which details the source of the lead/contact).
- To add a record to a Campaign from within this tab, click on Add to Campaign, which will show two picklists - Campaign (where you can select the Campaign to which you wish to add the record), and Status. Click Save & Close when done. You can add a record to multiple Campaigns.
- Within the Cases tab, you can create a new Case or add a Related Case. Clicking on New Case will create a new Case to be associated against that record. After adding all relevant information, click Save & Close to complete. Clicking on Add related Case allows you to select existing Cases which are of relevance to this record.
In this tab you can store additional contact information (such as subsidiary office locations, invoice addresses and so on) by clicking on New Contact Details.
This shows all Emails sent to or received from this record. The Emails tab on an Organisation record also shows the Emails sent to or from employees of the Organisation to give an overview of all the activity at that Organisation. You can apply a filter to control which records you see.
Files can be uploaded and stored against a Record on this Tab, up to 5 Files can be uploaded simultaneously, and files must be less than 16MB in size. Most file types can be uploaded through this tab.
Attach any information relevant to the record here, including uploading any relevant files.
This tab lists all Opportunities for business with this record. Clicking on New Opportunity will bring up the Opportunity window, where you can record the details of the potential deal.
This tab shows the record's relationships with any Organisations. For example, it will show that Generic Ltd is the employer of J Bloggs.
- Record third-party relationships from within this tab by clicking on Add Relationship, which will show the possible relationship options: 'Employer of J Bloggs', 'Supplier to J Bloggs', 'Banker to J Bloggs', 'Customer of J Bloggs', 'Advisor to J Bloggs', and 'Previously Employed J Bloggs'. Clicking on any of these will allow you to search for the required record.
- Workbooks allows you to create custom party relationships. These are relationships between third-parties (People & Organisations), third-parties & your own organisation and finally your own organisations (if you have multiple own organisations). Further information on custom party relationships can be found here.
As with the Organisations tab, this shows the record's relationships with any Person records, and third-party relationships can be added in the same way. The options are: 'Manager of J Bloggs', 'Works for J Bloggs', 'Secretary/EA of J Bloggs', 'Family of J Bloggs', 'Customer of J Bloggs', 'Supplier to J Bloggs', 'Partner of J Bloggs', 'Contractor to J Bloggs', 'Advisor to J Bloggs', 'Team Member with J Bloggs', 'Colleague of J Bloggs'.
This tab lists any records related to this one. You can add items manually by clicking Add Related Item.
This tab details all Transaction Documents related to this record. Create additional ones by clicking either New Customer Quotation or New Customer Order.