- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Creating Mailing Lists
To create a Mailing List click Start > Marketing > Mailing List to open the Mailing Lists Landing Page, you will need to Name your Mailing List and choose whether you want to allow the Preference Centre.
If you are using a Mailing List Preference Centre (i.e. not a Marketing Campaign one), ticking this box will mean that the Mailing List appears in the list when a Member clicks on Unsubscribe to a Mailshot which has been sent to them.
You can decide whether you want this list to be based on Active Marketing Campaigns or Mailing Lists by going to Start > Configuration > Database > Database Settings, and ticking the checkbox under Mailshots accordingly.
You can quickly see all Mailing Lists which have the Preference box checked by opening the Mailing Lists Landing Page and selecting the Preference Centre Lists view.
Adding Members to a Mailing List
There are three ways of adding Members to a Mailing List. You can:
- Create a Dynamic List.
- Copy a List.
- Add Members later.
A Dynamic List is built from a Report, the members are generated on the Reports and are refreshed periodically.
When selecting this option you will be asked to select the Report and View that you would like to pull members from as well as which Column will be used to identify members.
If you are using a Report with multiple Record types, such as People, Organisations or Sales Leads, then you will need to add multiple reports to the Mailing List. You should start by selecting the column from the report that you will use to identify one of the record types and then add the additional member later. Once you have selected your report, click Add Members - depending on the size of the Report it may take a few moments to create the mailing list.
Once created, you will be given the option to Auto Refresh the Members in the Mailing List, meaning that changes made to the Report will also update the Members in the Mailing List.
Copy a List
This option allows you to copy all members from an existing list, you will also have the ability to select a subset of the members if you do not want to include everyone.
Selecting this option asks you to select the Source Mailing List to copy, you can also copy across the subscription status from that Mailing List as well.
Once you have chosen the Mailing list to copy and clicked Select Members, you will be asked to Add Filters to the Mailing List Members, if you want to keep it as it is simply select Copy selected members, otherwise apply the filters, such as Opted out of email is false giving you all of the members that have not previously opted out.
Add Members Later
This will create an empty mailing list immediately, giving you the option to manually add members from Reports, Campaigns, other Mailing Lists or by using Bulk Actions on Landing Pages.
Adding Members from Reports
Once a Mailing List has been created, you can include additional Reports using the Reports tab and selecting Add Report. You will be asked to select the Report, the View and which Column you will be using to identify the members to add.
Once you have added all the Reports you want to use to add Members to this Mailing List, you will be able to see the Name of the Report and when it was last Refreshed on the Reports tab.
You can amend whether the Members should be Refreshed from the Reports, and how frequently on the Main tab.
The default will be for it to refresh daily, however you can have it refresh more or less frequently if required.
In addition to the Auto Refresh, you can also manually Refresh the members by using the Refresh Members button on the Main tab.