- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Creating Mailing Lists
To create a Mailing List click Start > Marketing > Mailing List to open the Mailing Lists Landing Page, you will need to Name your Mailing List and choose whether you want to allow the Preference Centre.
If you are using a Mailing List Preference Centre (i.e. not a Marketing Campaign one), ticking this box will mean that the Mailing List appears in the list when a Member clicks on Unsubscribe to a Mailshot which has been sent to them.
You can decide whether you want this list to be based on Active Marketing Campaigns or Mailing Lists by going to Start > Configuration > Database > Database Settings, and ticking the checkbox under Mailshots accordingly.
You can quickly see all Mailing Lists which have the Preference box checked by opening the Mailing Lists Landing Page and selecting the Preference Centre Lists view.
Adding Members to a Mailing List
There are three ways of adding Members to a Mailing List. You can:
- Create a Dynamic List.
- Copy a List.
- Add Members later.
A Dynamic List is built from a Report, the members are generated on the Reports and are refreshed periodically.
When selecting this option you will be asked to select the Report and View that you would like to pull members from as well as which Column will be used to identify members.
If you are using a Report with multiple Record types, such as People, Organisations or Sales Leads, then you will need to add multiple reports to the Mailing List. You should start by selecting the column from the report that you will use to identify one of the record types and then add the additional member later. Once you have selected your report, click Add Members - depending on the size of the Report it may take a few moments to create the mailing list.
Once created, you will be given the option to Auto Refresh the Members in the Mailing List, meaning that changes made to the Report will also update the Members in the Mailing List.
Copy a List
This option allows you to copy all members from an existing list, you will also have the ability to select a subset of the members if you do not want to include everyone.
Selecting this option asks you to select the Source Mailing List to copy, you can also copy across the subscription status from that Mailing List as well.
Once you have chosen the Mailing list to copy and clicked Select Members, you will be asked to Add Filters to the Mailing List Members, if you want to keep it as it is simply select Copy selected members, otherwise apply the filters, such as Opted out of email is false giving you all of the members that have not previously opted out.
Add Members Later
This will create an empty mailing list immediately, giving you the option to manually add members from Reports, Campaigns, other Mailing Lists or by using Bulk Actions on Landing Pages.
Adding Members from Reports
Once a Mailing List has been created, you can include additional Reports using the Reports tab and selecting Add Report. You will be asked to select the Report, the View and which Column you will be using to identify the members to add.
Once you have added all the Reports you want to use to add Members to this Mailing List, you will be able to see the Name of the Report and when it was last Refreshed on the Reports tab.
You can amend whether the Members should be Refreshed from the Reports, and how frequently on the Main tab.
The default will be for it to refresh daily, however you can have it refresh more or less frequently if required.
In addition to the Auto Refresh, you can also manually Refresh the members by using the Refresh Members button on the Main tab.