- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Microsoft Office
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
You can create Meeting Activities in Workbooks, just as you would any other type of Activity.
The record looks similar to other Activity records but includes fields for Location, Start and End Date/times as well as a section where you can create recurring meetings and another where you can specify the attendees . The icon also differs slightly from a standard Activity record to identify them as a different type.
- Creating a new Meeting
- Meeting Recurrence
- Updating a Recurring Meeting
- All Day Meetings
- Meeting Attendees
- Setting the Primary Contact
- Generating a PDF template
- Adding Meetings to your Calendar
A Meeting record can be created in Workbooks by clicking Start > New > Meeting or by navigating to the Activities Landing Page and choosing "New Meeting" from the left-hand menu.
As with any other record type in Workbooks, there are a number of standard fields that require values to be set before you are able to create the Meeting record. These are as follows:
- Start date/time.
- End date/time.
- Assigned to: A list of users that currently have access to that database. You can assign the record to a user and they will be notified via the method set in their preferences.
- Status: An unrestricted picklist where a user can type any value they wish or alternatively, you can add to the values available by adding to the picklist called "Activity Statuses".
- Priority: An unrestricted picklist where a user can type any value they wish or alternatively, you can add to the values available by adding to the picklist called "Activity Priorities".
- Show Time As: Select from the following options; "Busy", "Available", "Out of office", "Tentative". You are unable to add to this picklist.
A Meeting record in Workbooks can be set up as a recurring meeting. This means that when you save the Meeting, several records can be created or updated automatically based on the settings that are chosen by the user.
By default, the "Enabled" checkbox is not set. When ticked, this will allow the user to configure a number of settings for the Meeting from the following:
- Frequency: Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Annually.
- Frequency of Repetition: Free text allowing any value e.g. Repeat every 2 weeks.
- Specify the day: Monday through Sunday.
- Repeat: Forever, for X occurrences, until a specified date.
NOTE: Setting a Meeting to recur forever doesn't create unlimited meetings. Records will be created for the intervals specified for a maximum of two years from the date of the first Meeting.
After the initial save of a Recurring Meeting, Workbooks will create the relevant records. If you then make a change to one of these Meetings, you will be presented with three options when you next save. These are:
- Only this Meeting - all other Meetings in this series will remain the same.
- All following Meetings - this Meeting plus any future Meetings will be updated with the changes that you made.
- All Meetings in the series - all Meetings in the series will be updated.
A standard meeting in Workbooks has a start and end date/time. For example, a Meeting will start on 02/12/14 at 9:00AM and finish on 02/12/14 at 10:00AM. It is possible to set an "All day" flag on the Meeting record which will automatically change the Meeting to run from midnight of the start date right through to 11:59PM of that day.
Meeting records in Workbooks allow you to add attendees to track who was invited. Within the "Attendees" reveal, there are three key fields to store this information in Workbooks which are:
- Required: These people must attend the meeting for it to go ahead.
- Optional: Attendees that are welcome to join a Meeting but aren't specially required for it to go ahead.
- Resource: Typically a Meeting room within a company such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: An email is not sent to the listed attendees automatically. The functionality is only designed to keep track of who was invited to a particular Meeting. It is possible to write an additional script to achieve this functionality. If this is something that you would like to consider, please contact email@example.com for further information.
When creating a Meeting record in Workbooks, you have the option of setting a Primary Contact. This is the main contact for the Meeting and best practice is to ensure that this is set for each Meeting record that you create.
To set the Primary Contact, add them as an attendee by typing their name or email address into the "Required" or "Optional" fields. Workbooks will look up in pre-existing People and Sales Lead records to see if the contact exists as you type. If a record is found, select it from the list to add them as an attendee.
You can then either hover over and click the arrow that appears or right click on that attendee to reveal a menu with several options. The menu options change depending on whether you have added a Person or a Sales Lead as an attendee and the data that is stored against that record. From this menu, you can achieve the following:
- Set the Primary Contact - This will place a small black star against that contact to indicate the Primary Contact.
- View that attendee's Person/Lead record - The attendee must already exist on your Workbooks database as a Person or Lead record to see this option.
- View that attendee's Employer (Organisation) record - This Organisation must already exist on your Workbooks database and be linked to this attendee via the "Employer" field on the corresponding Person record to see this option.
- Call them directly from Workbooks using stored numbers - There must be a phone number stored on the Person or Lead record for this attendee otherwise this option will not be present in the list. You must also have Telephone Integration configured such as Skype.
- Email them directly from Workbooks using a stored email address - There must be an email address stored on the Person or Lead record for this attendee.
NOTE: It isn't possible to add a Person/Lead as an attendee if they do not have an email address. You can however enter in just the email address, Workbooks will then give you the option to add that email as a record to your database if it doesn't exist already.
- Remove them from the attendees list.
NOTE: You can only set one Primary Contact per Meeting.
Workbooks allows you to generate a PDF template, that can be emailed to the attendees of a scheduled meeting, to do this, simply click the "generate PDF" button in the toolbar.
Templates that can be used with this form layout will be shown in the drop-down box.
Once you've created a Meeting record you can download it to your calendar by generating an iCal record (.ics file). If you have configured a recurring meeting these settings will be retained when you download the iCal file. There are two ways to do this:
From a Meeting record - open the relevant Meeting record and click "Download":
The other method for downloading the iCal record is from the Activities Landing Page - open the Activities Landing Page and navigate to the view that contains the Meeting record you want to add to your calendar. Click on the Download button at the end of the relevant row.
NOTE: Sometimes, your browser will block the download of the iCal file as a new window will open when you click "Download". Please see our forum post on disabling the pop up blocker for Workbooks, here if you are experiencing problems.
Both methods will download an iCal record for this Meeting. If you want to modify any details you can do so, then click Save & Close. This adds the Meeting and any recurrences to your Outlook calendar.
If someone is making appointments on your behalf in Workbooks, the appointment maker can download the appointment and forward the iCal/ics file to you by email attachment. Upon receipt, open the attachment and Outlook will import it to the calendar as if you downloaded it yourself.