- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
April 2020 Release
Release date: 25th April 2020
Highlights of this release:
- Login to Workbooks using your Microsoft credentials.
- Share Landing Pages via a URL.
- Introducing Microsoft Word Templates and the Microsoft Word Add-In.
- New “On The Day” app enhancements to the existing Event Management functionality.
Single sign-on to Workbooks via Microsoft Login, is now available from the login screen, as shown below.
If your organisation subscribes to Microsoft's Azure Active Directory service (for example you may have this via your use of Office 365), then you will be able to configure Workbooks to allow logins via Microsoft Login. Once configured, users will be able to login to Workbooks by clicking the ‘Login with Microsoft’ button on the login screen and if they have already signed into Microsoft they will not be prompted for any further password.
New users can be provisioned automatically in Workbooks via a User Template that is selected based on their group membership in Azure Active Directory. A User Template defines access to one or more databases in your account, which groups the user will belong to in each of those databases, and which licences will be allocated to the user from the account's set. This will reduce the amount of time spent creating and configuring new users within Workbooks.
Microsoft Login will require configuration by your Workbooks System Administrator and IT team, please visit our Knowledge Base for our configuration guide.
Note: The Workbooks Advanced Security extension is required in order to use the Active Directory feature, which is included with Pro Editions. If you do not have the Advanced Security extension and would like to take advantage of this functionality, contact your Workbooks Account Manager.
Share Landing Pages Via A URL
We have added the ability to share Landing Pages via a URL link, for example on the people Landing Page, it is now possible to share a saved view via a URL link.
Note: This is not possible with the default out of the box views.
If you navigate to your view on the Landing Page and then click on the (i) button in the top right of the screen, the information window will open and provide you with a unique URL link that can be shared with users that have been given permission to access the saved view. If the view already exists, then it will automatically create the link when you click on the (i) button.
You can also hover over the (i) button for quick visibility to the view name and when the view was last updated. Included in this is the ability to see the view name in your browser address bar when the landing page is selected within Workbooks.
As part of the above changes on phones and tablets the option to add to favourites/desktop from the top left screen menu is now available.
Workbooks Word Add-In
Using the Microsoft Word Add-In, customers can populate editable, templated, Microsoft Word documents with data from Workbooks records. These may then be edited, emailed, or converted to PDF.
Word Templates will be used by many customers as an alternative to using our existing PDF Template feature and Word Templates have the advantage of being much easier to edit and adapt to customer requirements.
Clicking here will take you to a video demonstration.
Templates can include placeholders that pull through specific record values onto the final document. All the information is report driven, so not only are you able to show information from almost any field in Workbooks you can also show information from calculated columns, such as discounts for timely payments.
Once the document has been produced it can be saved locally as a PDF and then emailed to customers and synced back to workbooks using either the Workbooks Exchange Server Sync or Workbooks Dropbox. Alternatively, you can attach the document as a PDF directly to the Record in Workbooks from Microsoft Word.
Note: The Word Add In is currently only supported on Office 365 for Windows and Mac.
For full information, please reference our Workbooks Word Add-in Knowledge Base page.
On The Day Registration
The On The Day Registration App adds functionality to the Event Management module. Using a new 'Check In' tab, available on Event records, users can quickly set the status of event attendees to 'attended' or add new attendees to the event. For more information please visit our Knowledge Base.
Note: A new installation of the Event Management module will automatically include this functionality. Existing Event Management customers who wish to use the feature will need to follow the procedure outlined on our Knowledge Base.