- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting your Preferences
You may find that Workbooks runs more quickly if you keep the number of rows and open windows low.
Click Start > Preferences to access your User Preference options, or simply right click anywhere on the Workbooks Desktop and select Preferences.
Within the General section you can:
- Set your general Preferences, including controlling: your Notifications and Reminders; the number of Recent Items to keep; how your Desktop Interface behaves; your default Own Organisation; and so on.
- Change your Password.
- Control your ability to login via Third-Party Identities, such as Google Apps.
- See which, if any, windows you've pinned so that they automatically open when you login to Workbooks.
Within the Email section you can:
- Control your Email Settings specifying one or more 'alias' addresses so you can appear to send email from an address other than your login address.
- Create Email Signatures for use with outbound emails.
The Email Dropbox section is used to:
- Set up your Email Dropbox and control who is authorised to send email to that Dropbox.
If you use the Workbooks Exchange Server Sync (WESS), you will also see an Integration section, where you can control your WESS set up and check on the synchronisations.
You can upload a profile picture that shows alongside your name when viewing summaries as Lists (rather than grids). A square image works best.
Look & Feel
If your System Administrator has allowed it, you can change the theme used in Workbooks (Modern, Classic or Clean (currently in Beta), as well as control where the Taskbar is positioned, whether to display the Save and Save & Close as separate buttons or combined and the layout of any shortcuts. Please see more information about themes here.
It's possible to collapse the Save button and apply a default option. These can be set to one of the three options (shown below):
If your System Administrator has allowed it, you can choose your own Wallpaper - either one of the standard ones we provide or you can personalise things by uploading your own photo.
If your Workbooks account contains more than one Own Organisation, you can choose which one should be used by default. The default will be used unless an alternative is selected. If you only have one Own Organisation, only one option will be available in the dropdown list.
You can do the same for your Default Transaction Currency.
By default Workbooks displays a maximum of 20 rows of data on each page. You can change this default using the dropdown picklist next to Items to show on each page. Please be aware that choosing more rows to display in a grid might impact the speed with which the data is displayed.
Workbooks keeps track of the Workbooks screens you visit. It's possible to access a Landing Page detailing these from the Start menu. You can set the number of records per record type that Workbooks keeps so that when the maximum number is reached, the oldest item will drop off the list in favour of the most recent.
To manage the number of recent items that Workbooks tracks for you go to Preferences > Recent Items and enter the number you want to keep. To access your recent items click Start and choose Recent Items from the right-hand menu. Remember, if you want you can group your Recent Items by, say, object type. To open a Recent Item simply click on the row you want to access.
You can control the number of Workbooks windows that can be open at any one time using the dropdown picklist next to Restrict to. You can specify how Workbooks behaves once the maximum number of windows has been reached - either minimising the 'oldest' open record to the system tray or closing the record completely. If you choose to close windows, Workbooks will prompt you to save any changes you've made before the record closes.
Additionally, you can choose to always open windows in full screen via a checkbox in this section.
NOTE: Changing this setting only takes effect when you next login.
Within this section, you can also specify the day of the week that your Calendar view starts on. You can set your week to start on Sunday, Monday or Saturday.
There are a number of standard desktop shortcuts that appear on Workbooks by default. It is possible to toggle these on/off to suit your needs. The shortcuts that can be changed are Dashboards, Recent Items, Training Videos, Search and Help.
If you want to use VOIP software with Workbooks you may need to modify the default settings provided here for the formatting of phone links and the country code.
Workbooks can be configured to work with a variety of telephone systems. By default, Workbooks uses:
- callto:@number@, as it's the most widely-used
but depending on your telephony system, you might need to change this to:
or a URL such as:
Workbooks can deliver desktop popups or emails or a combination of both - you can find out more about this here.
If you have the Multi Language Extension, you can choose which language you would like to view Workbooks in. You can choose from the list of languages that your System Administrator has enabled on your database, or you can 'Use browser default'. 'Use browser default' will use the first language in your browser settings that matches the available languages that your System Administrator has set up.
Your timezone is used when printing and exporting data from Workbooks. Regardless of this setting, times on Workbooks are shown in the timezone of the computer you're using. You can set your timezone within Preferences > Timezone.
Using the Date and time display format dropdown you can specify how you want your dates to appear, British, American, International and Custom. Choosing Custom will present additional options for short and long formats:
A date format contains placeholders that start with '%', that will be replaced by the equivalent date/time value. For example, if I were to type "%Y" the '%Y' will be replaced with the date's 4 digit year in your Start menu. Some more examples of formatting you could use include, but are not limited to:
%A - The full weekday name (“Sunday”)
%B - The full month name (“January”)
%I - Hour of the day, 12-hour clock (01..12)
%p - Meridian indicator (“AM” or “PM”)
Welcome Messages can be generated by Workbooks Online or by users within your account who have the right Capabilities. Use the checkbox to control the visibility of Welcome Messages (which can be displayed each time you login to Workbooks).
When searching, you have the option to do a 'Quick Search', which is limited to finding records whose names start with the search term. Turn this setting off if you would prefer the Search to be more thorough.
Default Country auto populate
When you are filling in the Main Address on a record, Workbooks will automatically populate the Country for you with the Country from your Default own Organisation. If you often deal with Organisations or People from other countries, then you can turn off the 'Auto populate default Country' setting.
Within the General section of the column on the left, click Change Password. You'll need to enter your current password followed by your new password twice. The format of the password will be based on the configuration of your system; your System Administrator should be able to help you if you are having difficulties. To return to the main screen select the Preferences icon.
NOTE: Depending on how your System has been configured you may not be able to reuse a previous password. For security reasons the reuse of passwords is not recommended.
Instead of logging in using your email address and password you can use a Trusted Identity. You can use Open ID or Google Apps.
NOTE: If you want to use the Google Docs functionality within Workbooks you must be logged into GoogleApps. For more information on logging in via Third-Party Identities, click here.
Throughout Workbooks you'll see the pushpin symbol towards the top right hand corner of all Landing Pages and records: . Clicking on this symbol changes the symbol (so it now shows like this ) and causes the Landing Page or record to open when you first login.
NOTE: The window will appear the same size and in the same position as it was when you pinned it. You can stop the window from opening on login by clicking on the pushpin again or by deleting the option from the My Pinned Windows section within Preferences.
If you've been given the right capabilities (ie, Manage Email Credentials and View Email Credentials) you can set up new Email Connections which allow you to send emails from an 'alias' address. For example, you might want to send emails from a generic address such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and so on.
For more information on setting up new accounts please click here.
You can set up one or more Email Signatures for use when sending emails from Workbooks and define one of them to be the default one that's applied to your outbound emails. To set up a signature, click on My Signatures in the left-hand column and then click New Signature.
Give the signature a name and enter the text in the Body. (You can enter your signature as HTML by first clicking the HTML button in the formatting toolbar.) If you want the signature to be used as your default, remember to tick the checkbox next to Default Signature.
You can control whether or not the signature can be applied to Email, Notes and Google Docs templates using the appropriate checkboxes. Finally, in order to be able to use this signature, click Activate.
Workbooks users can send emails from within the system which are stored against the relevant record(s). The Email Dropbox extends this functionality so that inbound emails or those generated outside Workbooks can be sent to a special Workbooks address, which will then automatically store the email and any attachments against the relevant record(s).
To enable this functionality the user should generate a Dropbox email address and specify who can send emails to that address. For more information on Dropbox, click here.
If you have the Workbooks Exchange Server Sync set up on your account, you will be able to monitor it here.