- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Workbooks automatically detects duplicate People and Organisation records. Workbooks has simple matching rule for finding duplicates:
- an exact match for main email address on People records.
- a 'starts with' match on Organisation names, after removing the common business suffixes from the end of the name (e.g. Ltd or Corp). For example, 'Aerosystems PR Ltd' would be considered a duplicate of 'Aerosystems Products'.
If you have duplicate records in your database, you can merge them together. Only People or Organisation records can be merged together, and only up to 5 records can be merged at a time.
To do this, you must have the Merge module enabled, and the User must have the Merge Duplicate Records capability. The User must also have full permissions on the records that are going to be merged, especially delete permissions.
NOTE: Merging CANNOT be undone and the duplicate records will be deleted once the merge has completed. Therefore, we advise that only System Admins are given this capability, especially if you have any integrations that would fail if the records required by the integration are no longer in the system.
Merging Duplicate Records
Users with the Merge Duplicate Records capability will see a Merge button at the top of People and Organisation records. As shown below, when Workbooks finds a duplicate, the button will change to orange and it will indicate the number of duplicates that have been found.
Click the orange button to view the duplicates that Workbooks has identified.
- Click Add additional duplicate records to open a search window where you can find other records that you know to be duplicates, even if the name is somewhat different.
- Tick the checkbox(es) next to any records that show in the list that you know are not duplicates, then click Selected records are not duplicates. This will stop the orange button from appearing in future for this record.
- Click Cancel Merge if you don't want to proceed in any way.
- Tick the checkbox(es) next to any records that show in the list that you know ARE duplicates, then click Merge selected records.
Once you begin the merge, you will see a screen similar to the one below, which will display each record you've selected to merge in a separate block.
By default, Workbooks treats the record you started with as the 'master' record and assumes you want the values in that record to be kept. You can see that each field has a radio button next to it. If you want to keep a specific field value from one of the duplicate records, click the radio button next to that field.
NOTE: If you have an integration with an external system, or regularly use Object References in your imports, then be careful that you are not deleting records with Object References that are used in these processes.
Clicking Next takes you to a screen showing you the values that be kept in your resulting merged record. If you do not want to go ahead, click the cross in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you're happy that the information is correct, click Merge. You'll be asked if you're sure so click Yes or No as appropriate.
A background task will now be started to merge the records together, which includes moving Notes, Activities and Relationships across to the merged record, and updating any records with fields linked to the original records so that they relate to the merged record. These background tasks and their statuses can be found in the Data Quality Landing Page by going to Start > Bulk Changes > Data Quality. You will receive a notification once the merge is complete.
The Contact Details tab of the record will now show a greyed out row for the previous Main Location Contact Details for each of the records you just merged together.
Locating other Duplicate Records
To help you identify duplicate records that haven't been highlighted with the orange merge button you can use the template reports that we provide for you.
- Template - Possible Duplicate Leads
- Template - Possible duplicate organisations - suffix and prefix
- Template - Possible Duplicate People
These templates give you some variation, providing counts of things like People with the same name or Organisations with the same name and postcode. It's worth running them from time to time and merge anything appropriate to help keep your data as clean as possible.
- It is not possible to merge any Organisation records with your Own Organisation.
- If merging 2 people with different employers, i.e. the past employer and the current employer, we advise that you go through the Change of Employer wizard first, to ensure that the 'previous employer' relationship is created.
- Some information may be lost. For example, if more than one of the Person records had been members of a single Campaign. Only one of the Campaign memberships can be kept, so the membership status and information in custom fields on the other memberships will be lost.