- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Bar Charts can be generated for reports that can be broken down into segments easily, such as the Template Report, Template - Sales - Total Performance, which shows the total value of won Opportunities.
Create and run your report then you'll see the option to Chart this View; selecting this will generate a new window.
Select Create a bar chart.
Column - Select which column(s) on your report will be represented in the chart. You can only select columns from the report that contain numeric results. This field is multiselect, allowing you to see multiple columns from the report in a single chart.
Show Targets - If you've included Targets in your report, these can be represented on the Bar Chart. These can also be configured with styling to change the appearance depending on performance against target. More information on configuring the targets can be found on the Targets on Bar Charts page.
Axis Name - By default, the chart will use the column label as the name for the axis, however this can be overwritten with a different value by updating this field.
Scale - By default, the numbers shown on the axis will start at zero and extend to the highest number in your report. The highest number will change in line with the data in your report. If you want to specify a fixed scale, tick the checkbox next to Define a fixed scale and enter your minimum and maximum values. This can be particularly useful if you plan to show two charts next to one another on a Dashboard.
Bar orientation - By default this will be set to vertical bars, but can be changed to appear as horizontal bars.
Show values on bar - Values can be hidden completely or shown inside/outside the bar in a number of ways.
Show values on mouseover - If you've hidden the values from the bar, you might want to check this box to display the value from the report column when you mouseover a specific bar.
Show grand total - Creates a box that displays the total of all the bars within the chart, which is positioned under the horizontal axis. The Grand Total displays the total of what is on the chart, so if filters are applied through the legend the Grand Total will change accordingly.
3D - Displays the bar chart in three dimensions
Stacked (when >1 data series) - If you have more than one column selected in the report you can choose whether to display the different columns side by side or stacked on top of each other.
Show actual and visible values - If you have the Grand Total shown on the chart and want to display what the overall total is at all times regardless of the filters applied, then this setting needs to be enabled.
Axis label orientation - Choose how you'd like the axis labels to appear.
Label Column - Select the report column to use as the horizontal axis of the chart. Normally this will be the Grouping Column used within the Report View.
Axis Name - By default the chart will use the column label as the name for the axis, however this can be overwritten with a different value by updating this field.
Axis label orientation - Choose how you'd like the axis labels to appear.
Sort labels by - This will change the order that the bars appear in the chart, by default this will use the order set in the report.
Sort labels direction - If you have changed the 'Sort Labels by' setting, the direction of sort can be changed between ascending and descending.
Show legend - Ticking this checkbox displays the legend on the chart, defining which colour is used for each column. When the Chart has been generated, you can click on options in the legend to toggle bars off/on for a more detailed comparison of the visible bars.
Position - Use this dropdown to control the position of the legend.
Layout - The legend can be wrapped so that all of the values appear in the chart window, however this may mean that values appear over multiple lines, reducing the size of the chart. Alternatively, they can be set to a single row and you will have the ability to scroll off screen to find the required value.
Palette - This controls the colour palette used for the bars.
Reverse the palette - Bars will be coloured in the order of the palette; if you do not want to use the first colour you can reverse the palette and use the final colour instead.
Vertical lines - Apply grid lines along the vertical axis; these can be used to better mark values on the chart for easy analysis.
Vertical axis marks - Choose whether you would like the vertical axis marked at intervals to make it easier to read the values of the data.
Vertical axis labels - It is possible to remove the value labels from the vertical axis; this setting may be used if you are interested in overall trends rather than the actual numeric values.
Horizontal lines - Apply grid lines along the horizontal axis, these can be used to better mark values on the chart for easy analysis.
Horizontal axis marks - Choose whether you would like the horizontal axis marked at intervals to make it easier to read the values of the data.
Horizontal axis labels - It is possible to remove the value labels from the horizontal axis; this setting may be used if you are interested in overall trends rather than the actual numeric values.