- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
June 2021 Release
Release date: 12th June 2021
This release focuses on making Workbooks easier to use, including:
- Better control of the windows on your Desktop using the new Windows Manager.
- Making better use of the screen space by allowing you to snap windows.
- More space to work in Landing Pages and Dashboards by hiding the left-hand menu.
- Simplified records, with improved button icons and less on-screen text.
You’ll see we’ve replaced one of the buttons on your taskbar; this is how you access the new Windows Manager feature! Windows Manager allows you to view all your open windows at once, navigate to the window you need or close the ones you no longer need.
It's just a snap to the left, and then a snap to the right...
You can now instantly snap your open windows to the left or right of your screen, either by right clicking on the window icon in the taskbar or by clicking on the window icon in the top left of the window. This, paired with the new Windows Manager, will allow for much easier management of your open windows!
To make activity management easier, especially for people in inside sales roles who make many calls in quick succession, there's a new way to mark one task as complete and automatically create the next one. The change includes the ability to capture the outcome of each task, making reporting on sales interactions more reliable.
This can be done through 3 new fields on Tasks, ‘Outcome’, ‘Next Steps’ and ‘Next Due’, which will need to be enabled by a System Admin. You can find out more on our Knowledge Base.
Google and Bing Marketing Campaigns
Workbooks can now automatically assign all Online Activities that are from Google and Bing searches to corresponding Marketing Campaigns called (you guessed it) Google Search and Bing Search! This makes it easier to report on your organic website visits alongside your Campaign driven visits.
If you’d like to use this feature, you’ll need your System Admin to enable it – you can find more information on how to do this on our Knowledge Base.
The Form Layout editor screen has been improved to make it easier to make edits and to make room for new features. The tabs for Fields, Sections, Tabs etc will now appear across the top. We’ve also introduced the option to change the Default Size of Windows.
Button Name Changes
Some button names have been shortened to make better use of the room on the screen. They all remain in the same place and should still be clear as to what they do. Some of the key changes:
- The Document Currency button on Opportunities has changed to just show the currency code e.g. from ‘Currency: GBP’ to ‘GBP’.
- The Own Organisation button on Opportunities has changed to just show the Organisation Name e.g. from ‘Own Organisation: My Company’ to ‘My Company’.
- ‘Copy Document’ is now ‘Copy’.
- ‘Send Email’ is now ‘Email’.
- ‘Generate PDF’ is now ‘PDF’.
- ‘Save and convert’ on Leads is now ‘Convert’.
Collapsible Menu on Landing Pages and Dashboards
A new icon exists on Landing Pages and Dashboards.
This button enables you to collapse and reopen the side menu on Landing Pages and Dashboards. On Dashboards, the side menu will now be collapsed by default. In case you didn’t know: when you save a Landing Page view, this remembers whether the menu was collapsed at the time of saving - useful for windows you have pinned or have shortcuts for.
Other User Interface changes
- Collapse your ‘Save’ and ‘Save and Close’ button into a single button in your Preferences under ‘Look and Feel’. Note: you won’t be able to do this if your System Admin doesn’t allow you to change your own Look and Feel.
- Emails have been redesigned to give more prominence to the important parts of the message. We’ve made the Message field full width, as well as hiding some of the fields like ‘Status’ (Draft or Failed statuses will show in the Window Title) and ‘Created at’ (still available in the Info window).
Some other small changes...
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and Legacy Edge web browsers will be deprecated and no longer supported by the end of the year. If using one of these browsers, you will get a warning but for now can still log in.
- The old mobile client has been completely removed.
- Mailing List Members can now have different Form Layouts on Events vs Marketing Campaigns – find out more here.
- Primary Contact will be populated on Activities created from Transaction Documents if you have a Primary Contact DLI on the Transaction Document.
- Bug Fix: Multiselect picklists should no longer be autocompleted as users type with incorrect values.