- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Adding Elements to Dashboards
From the Layout Tab of a dashboard it is possible to add new elements to the Dashboard as well as amend any existing elements with a variety of settings.
To add a new element to a Dashboard, select the Add Button from the Layout Tab. This will provide a picklist of the four different element types that you can add to the Dashboard. Once added, the new element will always appear in the top of the left hand column of the Dashboard.
Once an element is added to the Dashboard, the Permission settings for the Dashboard will overwrite the Permissions for each element. This means that even if a Report View was not shared with a User Group they will still be able to view the data, providing the Dashboard is shared with them. However they will not be able to drill into the elements for further analysis unless they have View Permissions for the Report being used.
Adding a Chart to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Chart to the Dashboard, a new window will open where you will need to enter the details of where the Chart is found as well as providing it with a Title. The Report picklist will be restricted to only show Reports that you have Permissions to View and that have at least one Chart created from a View. Once you have selected the Report you will then be able to select the Chart from the Report that you want to appear in the Dashboard Element.
By default the Title given to the element will be the same as the Chart name, however this can be amended if required.
Once you have set up the Chart, select Save; this will create two new Tabs, Report and Field Mappings.
The 'Report' tab shows you the underlying report data used to generate the Chart.
From this Tab you are able to apply filters and change the sort order of columns; any changes made here will be applied to the Chart within the Dashboard. This means that the same Chart could be added to a Dashboard multiple times with different filters applied to display different information.
The 'Field mappings' tab allows you to review any existing Dashboard Field Mappings setup within the Dashboard as well as add a newly created Chart to a Dashboard Field.
Adding a Report to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Report to the Dashboard a new window will open, where you will need to enter the details of the Report View as well as providing it with a Title.
The Report picklist will be restricted to only show Reports that you have Permissions to View. Once you have selected the Report you will then be able to choose the View from the Report that you want to appear as the Dashboard Element.
By default the Title given to the element will be the same as the View name, however this can be amended if required.
Once you have set up the Report View select Save; this will create two new Tabs, Report and Field Mappings.
The 'Report' tab shows you the report data that will be shown in the Dashboard Element. From this tab, you are able to apply filters and change the sort order of columns; any changes made here will be applied to the Report View within the Dashboard. This means that the same Report could be added to a Dashboard multiple times with different filters applied to display different information.
The 'Field mappings' tab allows you to review any existing Dashboard Field Mappings setup within the Dashboard as well as add a newly created Report View to a Dashboard Field.
Adding a Web Page to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Web Page to the Dashboard a new window will open where you will need to enter the details of the Web Page. You do not need to enter the full domain, however it is recommended that any webpage added has the https:// URL prefix to increase the likelihood that Workbooks will be able to connect to it.
Once you have entered the URL you can then provide a Title for the Element; this will not be automatically populated and needs to be entered manually.
Adding a Web Process to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Web Process to the Dashboard a new window will open where you will be able to select a Web Process from the picklist. You will only be able to see Web Processes that are shared with you. Once you have selected the Web Process, the Title will be automatically populated with the Web Process name, however this can be amended if needed.