- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Gator Smart Forms
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Sync Deleted Workbooks Records
- Outreach Email Events to Online Activities
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Synchronising with the WESS Add-in
- Creating new records
The WESS Add-in allows you to have greater control over the synchronisation of records between Workbooks and Outlook. The Add-in runs in parallel with the WESS to provide a complete solution for managing the synchronisation of records.
In addition to having all of the synchronisation abilities that come with the WESS, those using the Outlook Add-in will benefit from being able to make a direct connection to Workbooks. This will allow you to create and update records in Outlook itself, these will then be immediately available within Workbooks and accessible for all other Users.
It's worth noting that emails from people with the same domain as you (e.g. your work email) will not appear in the Outlook Add-in, even if they already exist in Workbooks.
You can find a Webinar recording that covers email synchronisation in depth on our website here.
When viewing an email within your Outlook client, the WESS Add-in will automatically look up all of the contacts from the To and CC fields. It then uses the email address to retrieve any Person or Sales Lead Record within Workbooks that share that email address as well as all of the additional information stored on that record. If a Lead or Person Record is not found using the email address you will be able to create a new record in Workbooks directly within the Add-in.
If this is a new email and has not already been synced to Workbooks you will see that the banner across the top of the Add-in will say that the “Email is not saved”.
Using the Save button will change the banner’s wording to “Email is saved” and the Save icon is replaced with a Details button. Saving the email will also mean that it appears immediately within Workbooks and it will be attached to all of the recipients’ records.
If an email is related to a specific Record such as an Opportunity or Case it is possible to create a link between the email and the record within the WESS Add-in. Once a Record has been related to an email it will then appear in the sidebar where it can be easily opened and reviewed within Workbooks. This allows users to quickly and effectively manage emails within Outlook without the need to look for data in two systems, this then ensures that data is easy to find across multiple users' mailboxes.
To link an Email to a Record you will first need to find it, this can be done by using the WESS Add-in's Search Bar.
NOTE: You may want to consider using the filter (funnel icon) to search within a specific record type to return more accurate search results at a greater rate.
Any results returned will then appear in the sidebar and a summary of the records found will appear at the bottom of the screen, the Email can then be linked to the Record by using the Link Item button that appears on the record's card within the WESS Add-in.
Once the Email has been linked to the Record the link Item will change to Unlink Item allowing you to remove the link between the Email and the Record as required.
You will then be able to find the email attached to the Record within Workbooks for easy review.
One of the key benefits of using the WESS Add-in is the ability to use Outlook data to create contacts that will be immediately available within Workbooks.
The WESS Add-in will look up all People & Sales Leads and show any with a matching email address. This also means If you have multiple Records with the same email address a Contact Card will appear for each Workbooks Record.
When viewing a Contact Card you will see that you have the option to search Facebook or LinkedIn using the button at the top of the Contact Card. Using either button will perform a search for accounts on the site using the name that has been saved against the Contact Card. You can then choose whether to connect with that person via Facebook or LinkedIn.
When sending or receiving any email within Outlook you will see all of the contact information stored on Contact Cards within the WESS Add-in for every recipient. From here you can see an immediate snapshot of the details held within Workbooks.
If the Add-in is unable to find a Person or Sales Lead using the Email address you will see an empty Contact Card, with the title “Not found in Workbooks”.
Any user with the WESS Add-in will then be able to create this as a Person or Sales Lead Record within Workbooks by using the respective buttons at the bottom of the Contact Card.
Selecting either button will open a new form within the Add-in where you can start entering the details of the contact.
NOTE: Any Field with a lightbulb above it will be automatically populated with values from the Email for you.
Once you have filled in all of the details on the Contact Card select the Create button, this will save all of the details and immediately create a new Person within Workbooks. The WESS Add-in will automatically refresh and show the newly created Person’s Contact Card with all of the details populated.
The WESS Add-in provides users with a two-way synchronisation of contact information, meaning that data can be updated in either your Outlook client or Workbooks and will be updated in the other system immediately.
When viewing a Contact Card within the Outlook Add-in you are able to amend the details within the Contact any changes will feedback to Workbooks and update the Person or Lead Record immediately.
To edit the details on a Contact Card you can select either the contact's name or the Details button.
This will open the Contact Card showing you all of the details stored in the fields used by the Add-in. To change the information held in a Field simply select the pencil icon at the end of the field.
Selecting the pencil icon will open a new dialogue box where you can update what is held in the field already. Once you have made your changes use the Done button to save them to the Contact Card.
Edited Fields will appear in bold orange text allowing you to easily review all of the changes that have been made to a contact before updating the Person Record in Workbooks.
Once saved, the text will return back to its standard font size and colour.
These changes will update Records immediately within Workbooks and can be easily reviewed as necessary.
New Records can be created through the WESS Add-in, and it can also be used to pull information directly from the email body to help populate details and save time during creation.
To create a new Record use the plus icon at the top of the Add-in, this will open a new picklist that will give you the selection of record types available.
Selecting a Record Type will open a blank Record within the Add-in where you can enter the details as required, some fields such as the Assigned to will automatically be populated by your username as will any other field that is marked with a light bulb icon.
As with Workbooks, different Record types will have different required fields that need to be populated, these will appear with a red outline and a note saying that the fields are required for easy reference.
Once all of the required Fields have been populated the Create button at the bottom of the card will become available and will create the record immediately within Workbooks.