- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Dashboard Fields allow you to apply a filter to multiple elements within your Dashboard simultaneously and then apply them in bulk. This can be used when you want to see an individual’s performance when looking at Team Performance or activity for a specific month from a Dashboard that reviews annual performance.
To add a Filter to a Report you must first go to Start > Dashboards to reach the Dashboard Landing Page and then open the required Dashboard. This will then provide you with an Action that allows you to Edit this dashboard.
Before a Filter can be applied you will need to set up Field Mappings, these Field Mappings allow you to decide which Column in each Report will have the Filter applied to it. These Field Mappings can be added and reviewed from the Fields tab of the Dashboard.
To add a new Field Mapping select the Add Button on the Fields tab, this will create a new dialogue box that allows you to provide a Name and Data Type of the Mapping.
Name: The name of your Field Mapping
Data type: The type of input that will be used in your Field Mapping, such as String (Text), Integer, Checkbox or Map Position.
Description: A Summary of the Mapping and how it is intended to work.
Once you have decided on a Name and Data type you can then use the Create button, this will then create two new Tabs: Field mappings and View filters, you will need to work through these two Tabs in order to fully set up the Filters.
First open the Field Mappings Tab, this tab is used to set up the mapping between the Report Views and the Field you have created on the Dashboard.
Any existing Field Mappings can be reviewed from this Tab and new Mappings can be created by using the Add button.
To create a Field Mapping you will first need to select the Element you want to map, this can be either a Report or Chart. The Field will remain read only as this is Dashboard Field that this will be mapped to. Finally select the Report Column that you want to map this Field to.
Example - setting up a Dashboard Field
In the example below, the Element is the All Leads Report from the Dashboard, and we've selected the Assigned to name column from within that Report as the one that will have the filter applied to it through the Field Mapping.
If you have multiple Elements (Reports or Charts) in the Dashboard which you would like to map to this Field you will need to repeat these steps again for each Element.
Once all of the Elements required have been mapped you are able to review these from the Field mappings tab and edit or remove these as required.
The final step is to apply this Field mapping to a Dashboard View, the same Dashboard Field can be applied to some or all of the Views as needed. From the View filters tab you can review any existing Views that the Dashboard Field is applied to or select Add to set up the Dashboard Field on a new View.
Once you have selected Add you will be able to decide which Dashboard View the Dashboard Field will appear in, like Field mappings, if there are multiple Views that you want to add the Dashboard Field to they will need to be each added separately. The Operator allows you to select the filter operator such as “Starts with” or “is in calendar range” these Operators will vary depending on the Data type selected when setting up the Field initially.
Once you have selected an Operator this will create the Filter that can be applied to the Dashboard Field as needed, if the Editable field is checked then this will be used as the Default value and applied when the Dashboard is ran. If the Editable box is not checked then the value entered in this Field will be read only and Users will be unable to change this when running the Dashboard.
Once the Field has been set up as required return to the Main tab and Save & Run the Dashboard.
The Dashboard field will now be available for filters to be applied across the Reports and Charts.
These Filters will also be present on any of the Elements where the Field mapping was set up when the Element is expanded out from the Dashboard itself.
When a Dashboard Field is available on a View, the View button will appear like it would on a regular Landing Page, this has all of the same functionality as a Landing Page; allowing Users to create new Custom Views, name them and set them to the default view as needed.
Once a custom View is created it will be added to the sidebar menu: