- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Setting up and configuring the Modern Theme in Workbooks
By default, all users will be set to use whichever theme is selected within Start > Configuration > Customisation > Desktop Preferences. If you select the Modern theme here with taskbar on bottom, all users in Workbooks will also have these same settings applied.
The below settings are available within Start > Configuration > Customisation > Desktop Preferences.
This is the Theme that will be used. If set within Configuration, it will apply to all users logging into that Database. If set within Preferences, then it will only be applied for that user. A System Administrator needs to enable themes to be selected by Users by checking Users can choose their Look & Feel - See Enabling Users to Choose their Theme below.
This option is only available when the Modern Theme is selected. In the Modern Theme, you can select whether to have the taskbar along the bottom (like Classic), across the top or to the left.
Be default in Modern, we'll group all open windows of the same type together, and then include a count of the total in the taskbar. You can uncheck this box to show each window separately across the taskbar instead (like Classic). This option is also only available in the Modern theme.
You can select whether to have your Desktop shortcuts ordered across the top, left to right (Horzontal) or top to bottom (Vertical).
Display a custom wallpaper
Checking this box opens a new Section which allows you to choose an image file to be set as a background. Unchecking this box allows you to choose from a number of Wallpapers that come within Workbooks. You can specify a wallpaper for all users here, or you can allow Users to choose their own wallpaper by selecting that box - See Enabling Users to Choose their Theme below.
By default your wallpaper image will be stretched across the background, but you can change this to tile it, include it in a specific corner or use the original size and place it in the centre of the desktop.
This will change the text that appears below the desktop icons. The 'Light' option makes the text white, and typically works best if you have darker backgrounds. If you have chosen a lighter background, you may prefer the 'Dark' option, which makes the text black and is best suited for lighter backgrounds.
Display a company logo
You can upload your own company logo within this section - it will appear in the same resolution that you upload it, so you should upload it in the size that you prefer, and it usually looks better if you have a transparent background.
Enabling Users to Choose their Theme
To allow each user to choose whether they want to use the Classic or Modern theme etc, you should tick Users can change their Look & Feel within Start > Configuration > Customisation > Desktop Preferences. This will only allow them the option to select the Theme, Toolbar position and Shortcut layout.
At the bottom of the Wallpaper section you will have the option to allow Users to change their Wallpaper. By selecting this box, Users will be able to go to their own Preferences (Start > Preferences) and choose their background.