- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign Example - Taking Payments
- DocuSign Example - Updating Related Records
- Docusign Example - Multiple Document Sends
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Cases
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Organisations
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for People
- DocuSign Example - Unified PDF
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Exchange Server Sync
- Outlook Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Workbooks Dropbox, Outlook Connector and Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Dropbox, Outlook Connector or Workbooks Exchange Server Sync can be helpful in ensuring important emails are stored in your Workbooks database, attached to the records to which they relate. Which one you choose to use will depend on various factors including the environment in which you're working and the nature of your work. It may be appropriate for some Users to use a mixture of two and for others to stick to using one or the other. The information in the table summarises the difference between them, and there is further detail below this which may help you decide which will suit you better.
|Attaching emails against particular records||
|Included as standard in Workbooks licence (CRM/Business)||
|Sharing People / Contacts||
|Sharing Tasks and Meetings with Outlook||
|Synchronising records in bulk||
|No installation of plug-in required||
|Not limited to Outlook users||
|Records appear in Workbooks immediately||
- The Dropbox enables you to attach emails that you've sent from your email client to records in Workbooks.
- Emails sent to your Dropbox appear in Workbooks almost instantly.
- It is possible to select more than one email to forward to the Dropbox in one go.
- In order to attach your email to records in Workbooks (other than the Person/People to whom the email is addressed), you need to know the unique reference number (also called the Object Reference) for those records.
- The Dropbox can only create Emails in Workbooks; you cannot use it to share Contacts, Tasks or Meetings.
- The Dropbox doesn't run automatically.
- The Dropbox functionality is included as standard in a Workbooks licence.
- Using the Dropbox isn't limited to just Outlook Users.
- Each Workbooks User has to set up their own Dropbox.
- You can attach each email to up to 500 records in Workbooks.
Click here to link to our Email & Dropbox Forum.
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- The Connector enables you to attach emails that you've sent from Outlook to records in Workbooks.
- The Connector runs automatically in the background at a frequency set by each User.
- Emails, Tasks, Meetings and Contacts that have been marked to Share will be created in bulk by the Outlook Connector when the synchronisation next runs. You can run the synchronisation manually at any time, in addition to the scheduled synchronisations.
- In addition, the Connector provides a bi-directional synchronisation between Outlook and Workbooks which allows you to share People/Contact records, Tasks and Meetings, regardless of where the records are created. This means you can see your Workbooks Meetings in your Outlook Calendar, Tasks in Outlook can appear on your Activities list in Workbooks.
- The Outlook Connector includes functionality that allows you to add Related Items. You can search for the Item based on Name and do not need to know the Object Reference.
- Each User needs to download and install a small plug-in on their computer, which just takes a few minutes.
- Filters in WOC allows you to choose which records to synchronise from Workbooks to Outlook.
- Click the ‘Share with Workbooks’ bar on the relevant items for the synchronisation to pick up the next time it runs.
- The functionality is not included as standard in the Workbooks licence.
- Users must have the right environment in order for the Outlook Connector to work. Click here for more information.
Click here to link to our Outlook Connector Forum.
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- The WESS enables you to synchronise emails from your Exchange Server to Workbooks.
- WESS provides a bi-directional synchronisation between your email client and Workbooks, which allows you to share Emails, People/Contacts, Tasks and Meetings.
- The WESS synchronisation process runs every 30 minutes and it’s possible to see when the next synchronisation cycle should occur within Preferences screen. This can be overridden by clicking on the ‘Sync Now’ button.
- As the synchronisation runs between servers, there is no need for a UI or plugin. Click here for more information how to set up WESS within Configuration area of Workbooks.
- Records that are in your ‘My People’ or ‘My Activities’ views will be synchronised to your Exchange Server, or you can create custom views called ‘Exchange Sync’ that determine what should be synchronised.
- Categorising records in the email client allows you to choose which records to synchronise to Workbooks.
- Using WESS it’s not possible to relate to a particular record in Workbooks (however, any emails, no matter how they were created, will automatically relate to the Person or Lead record that store the matching email address)
- The functionality is not included as standard in the Workbooks licence.
- Users must have the right environment in order for the WESS to work. Click here for more information.
Click here to link to our Workbooks Exchange Synchronisation Service