- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign Example - Taking Payments
- DocuSign Example - Updating Related Records
- Docusign Example - Multiple Document Sends
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Cases
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Organisations
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for People
- DocuSign Example - Unified PDF
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Introduction to the Outlook Connector
Most Workbooks Users have a wealth of valuable information about their business contacts and communication with those contacts stored in Outlook and visibility of this information within Workbooks is vital to share among your business.
Users will want to continue using Outlook alongside Workbooks and be confident that the two systems are in sync and accurate.
The Workbooks Outlook Connector is an Outlook plugin that will automatically synchronise data between Outlook and your Workbooks database. This allows you to use either Outlook or Workbooks for handling your ongoing communications and providing the data in an easy to find manner.
Watch our two helpful videos which cover installing and using the Outlook Connector:
When installing the Outlook Connector, please ensure it meets the System Requirements.
What can be synchronised?
Watch our Using the Outlook Connector video which runs through how to use the Connector and its functionality.
The Outlook Connector allows you to synchronise a number of record types. It is primarily used to sync People, Activities and Emails records, where Workbooks People records become Outlook Contacts and Activities become Tasks or Meetings.
You can also attach Emails to other records such as Organisations, Cases, Opportunities and Sales Leads. This allows you to relate the email to that record so that it will appear on the Email tab within Workbooks, so that other users remain up to date with your latest emails.
By default the Outlook Connector synchronises all of the records in your My People view (ie, records that are either Assigned To you or that you're watching) and creates them as Outlook contacts. You can then choose to apply filters to control exactly which records are synchronised, giving you complete control over what data is shared between the systems.
How does the synchronisation work?
When synchronising emails sent from Outlook, the Connector searches your Workbooks database for People or Sales Leads that have the same email address as the recipient and when it finds a match, links the email to the appropriate record.
If there isn't a matching record at the time you send the email but you later create a record with that email address all the previous emails will be linked to that record. This applies to email addresses held in the Main tab on a Person record as well as any valid email addresses held in the Contact Details tab.
In order for items in Outlook to be synchronised, they must first have been shared with Workbooks.
Synchronisation can be scheduled to run in the background, alternatively if you need data to synchronise immediately you can also force a sync at any time.
There are two different sync types, one will only sync data from Outlook to Workbooks which can run up to every 2 hours. The other will do a complete sync between both systems and can be run every 30 minutes.