- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Licences & Modules
There are three tabs within Licences & Modules:
- Licences - Here you can see information about your licence entitlement (based on your contractual agreement with Workbooks). You will see how many licences you have for each edition of Workbooks, and any extensions that have been purchased, along with the dates within which the licences are valid.
- Licence Usage - This screen shows how many of your licences are in use and how many are left to be allocated, or have been over allocated (shown as a negative number).
- Modules - You can simplify things for your users by turning off any modules that are not being used. This affects the accessibility to modules for your whole user-base and overrides any access granted via Capabilities. If you have more than one database in the same account, be aware that switching modules on/off makes the same changes across all your databases.
NOTE: In order for any changes you have applied to take effect, Users will need to log out of Workbooks and log in again.
In order to be able to assign records and tasks to users (via the Assigned To field), the person to whom you want to assign the record must have a valid Licence allocated to their User record.
If the number of Licences being used exceeds the Licence entitlement (for either Editions or Extensions), a banner will appear at the top of the Workbooks User Interface screen (for all Users). Clicking on the banner will display the licence usage, with over-allocated licences highlighted.
Any User, whether Enabled or Disabled is counted in the licenced units for an Edition or an Extension, if the User is allocated a licence:
- Disabling a User prevents that User from logging on, but they are still licensed and may have records assigned to them.
- If a User does not have a valid licence allocated to them, other Users will not be able to assign records of any type to them. However, any records already assigned to the unlicensed User will remain assigned to them.
- To deny a User access to all of the databases on your account (if, for example, they have left the organisation) unallocate both their licensed Edition and all Extensions and untick the 'Login Enabled' checkbox.
There are a number of solutions available where licences have been over-allocated:
If the User does not need access to the service, simply remove the allocated licence. To do this, go to Start > Configuration > Users & Security > Users and then click on the User you wish to amend. In the Licence section, click on the dropdown picklist next to Allocated Edition and change the setting to 'No Edition (login denied)'. Then, from the Allocated Extensions list, untick all allocated extensions. Any records assigned to the User will remain assigned to them.
The User can be deleted. Any records to the User will be re-assigned to the Unassigned Queue. We recommend caution with this approach as it cannot be undone.
Additional licences can be purchased from Workbooks by contacting the Workbooks Sales Team using the details below.
NOTE: Before disabling or deleting a User record, please ensure that the User does not own any processes, scripts, web keys or Own Organisations. Deleting or disabling Users on your database can affect how Workbooks operates for your organisation. If you are unsure, please contact the Support Team before making any changes.
To upgrade your current licence(s), contact the Sales Team by phone on +44 (0)118 3030 100, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to them live by clicking on the Live Chat button from the Workbooks pricing page.