Using your browser to view a translated version of Workbooks
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
If you are an existing customer and you work in a language other than English (UK), you have the option of purchasing the Multi Language Extension (the currently available languages are English (UK), English (US), German, and Spanish).
This extension must be purchased for each user. Once enabled, the extension will give you the ability to view a translated version of Workbooks. The Multi-Language Extension is automatically included in Business Professional and CRM Professional licences.
Once you have the Extension added, make sure you have enabled the Multiple Languages module in Configuration > Users & Security > Licences & Modules > Modules, and make sure you assign the Licences to the appropriate users. These users will have to log out and back in before the changes take effect.
System Administrators will be able to select which Languages are available to Users. To choose these, go to Configuration > Users & Security > Account Settings > Languages and click the Enable Languages button.
The Users can then select their Default Language in their Preferences. The login screen will automatically translate depending on your browser language settings, and you can ask Workbooks to do the same by using the Use Browser Default option.
All standard Workbooks fields and messages will be automatically translated, but you will have to go through each of your custom fields to make sure that they also get translated. To do this, go to Configuration > Customisation > Record Types, select the appropriate record type and then the appropriate field.
Expand the Field label translations section. You will see a field for each of the enabled languages; clicking the drop-down arrow will give you the Google translation, but you can free-type your own translation in if you do not believe this to be correct.
You can also do this with form layouts and their sections, record types, record templates, landing page views and picklists.
When creating a new custom field, you will have to save the form before you are given the translations section.
Remember to also check the translations if you decide to change the name of an existing field or record type.
NOTE: Some items within Workbooks are not available for name changing, if this is the case there you will find that the associated Fields are read-only. An example of this is this the Accounting Document Field found in an Invoices Line Item grid.