- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Working With Emails
This page provides information on:
- Creating your Email
- Email recipients
- Right Click Context Menu
- Writing your message
- Adding links
- Adding images
- Including attachments
- Sending your Email
- Viewing Emails
NOTE: Users of the free edition cannot send emails via the Workbooks server and so must first configure their database to send email via their own external mail server. If you try to send an email before the configuration has been set you'll see a dialogue box prompting you to make the necessary changes. Click here for more information on configuring these settings.
Click Start > New > Email or from within a record, open the Emails tab and choose Send Email. If any Email Templates have been created that can be used with the type of record you've opened, you'll be offered a choice of them at this point.
Go to the Emails Landing Page (Start > Emails) to see all the emails sent to or from Workbooks by any user.
If you're creating the email from a Person record (and there is a valid email address for that person), their name will automatically appear in the To field. You can add more people to the To, Cc and >Bcc fields by typing the recipient's name or select it using the dropdown picklist that appears as you start to type a name.
Workbooks will dynamically update the list as you type to ensure that relevant results are returned. You can add People, Leads and Mailing Lists to any of the recipient columns. To send an email to a Mailing List simply type the name of the list into the Recipient field as you would for a Person or Lead.
- View that recipient's Person/Lead/Mailing List record
The recipient or Mailing List must already exist on your Workbooks database to see this option.
- View that attendee's Employer (Organisation) record
This Organisation must already exist on your Workbooks database and be linked to this attendee via the Employer field on the corresponding Person record to see this option.
- Call them directly from Workbooks using stored numbers
There must be a phone number stored on the Person or Lead record for this attendee otherwise, this option will not be present in the list. You must also have Telephone Integration configured such as Skype.
- Email them directly from Workbooks using a stored email address. There must be an email address stored on the Person or Lead record for this attendee.
NOTE: It isn't possible to add a Person/Lead as an attendee if they do not have an email address. You can however, enter in just the email address. When you click enter Workbooks will give you the option to add that email as a record to your database as a Person or Lead.
- Remove them from the recipients list.
If you've applied a template to your message, the Subject and Message fields will be populated, but you can still modify them if required.
When replying or forwarding an email within Workbooks, Templates can be applied without affecting the preceding email string.
If you aren't using a template, enter a Subject for your email and then enter the content of your Email, either straight into the Message field (where you can use the formatting toolbar to format your message) or click HTML to build your Email via HTML.
Your default Email signature (if you've set one up) will appear in the Message body.
You can include links to URLs or to files stored within your Upload Library. To do this, highlight the word(s) or image(s) that you want to be the link and click on the Link symbol in the formatting toolbar.
In the dialogue box that appears, choose your Link Type and Protocol using the dropdown picklists and fill in the information for the email address or URL. To link to a file within your Upload Library, click Browse Server. Click to select the file you want to link to, then click OK.
To add an image to your email, like your company logo, click on the from the signature editor bar, which will open the following window:
Enter the URL for where the image is hosted, or click Browse Server to select an image from your Upload Library.
You can control the appearance of the image by editing the Width, Height, Border, HSpace, VSpace and Align fields. (HSpace and VSpace control the horizontal and vertical space between the image and the surrounding text.)
To attach a file (or files) to your email, open the Attachments tab and click Upload Attachments. Click Browse and choose the file you want. To add another file, click the plus symbol. When you've identified all the files you want to attach, click Upload.
NOTE: This Forum article explains the Size limits of Emails and Attachments.
When you're ready, you can send your Email or save it in draft format and return to complete it later. You'll find the Save as Draft and Send buttons on the Main tab, or you can click on the Email icon in the top left-hand corner and choose from the options that appear.
The only templates you can apply will be those that are relevant to the record type you have open.
If you want a copy of the Email to be sent to your email client Inbox tick Copy me.
Your Email will be stored within the Email tab of the record against which you created it as well as being accessible from the Emails Landing Page. In addition, the Summary and Email tabs on an Organisation record show any Emails sent to or from Employees of that Organisation.