- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Gator Smart Forms
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Sync Deleted Workbooks Records
- Outreach Email Events to Online Activities
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Workbooks is supplied with one Database for your account, but if you want to create more (for example a "sandbox" or training database), you can add others up to a maximum of 5, subject to your storage limits.
Each Database is completely discrete, ie, changes made in one will not affect data in another.
You can give Users access to one or more Databases and give them different Capabilities in each one.
To add a new database click Start > Configuration > Database > Databases> New Database.
When creating a new database you have the option to create an empty database, one containing demonstration data or a copy of any of your existing databases.
If you would like to retain the User Configuration in the new database, i.e. the Users' Default Own Org, User Groups etc will be copied across, then make sure the Retain User Configuration checkbox is ticked. This does not grant them access to the new database; each of their Database Access Grants will have to be enabled first.
If you create a new database by copying an existing one, all the records will be recreated. However, changing a record in either the original or the copied database will not change any information in the other database - the data is not dynamically linked. In addition, any configuration will also be copied, including Custom Fields, Picklists, Opportunity Stages and Accounting Periods. To ensure that no Process runs unintentionally, any Process within the new Copy database will be deactivated;
If you create a new empty database, none of your records will be copied, and neither will any of the configuration.
If you create a new database containing demonstration data, this will create a few demonstration records and some demonstration configuration, which will now match up to your other database. This is useful for allowing users to learn how to use Workbooks, and for testing configuration changes before applying them to your main database.
It may take a few minutes for your new database to be created and a pop-up notification will appear to show you when it has been created successfully. Please be patient and do not keep clicking New Database.
If the size of the new database will take you over your contracted storage limit, Workbooks will not create the database and you'll see a notification message telling you that it hasn't been created.
Users of one database are visible in any other databases you have. This does not necessarily mean they can access all your databases though - to grant access you should click on the database and choose Add Users. Check the box(es) next to the names of those Users to whom you want to grant access. You can also restrict access to a specific date range using the Valid from and Valid through fields.
NOTE: Removing the access that a User has to a specific database does not delete that User's record, which you will still be able to find them by clicking Start > Configuration > Users.
You can also control which database(s) that Users can access within the Databases tab on the individual's User record.
To prioritise resources for active customers, any database that has not been logged into within 30 days will be archived and taken off-line from Workbooks. The archived database will be kept for as long as your account is active.
If you log into an archived database, you'll see a message telling you that the database has been scheduled for restoration. Typically the restoration will take a few minutes (depending upon the size of the database), but may take half an hour to an hour if you have a large amount of data.
These archived databases will also be restored temporarily when:
Creating a copy of an archived database: this will be performed by a background task and you will be notified upon completion.
Adding or deleting a database access grant: this will be performed by a background task and you will be notified upon completion.
Deleting users who have access to an archived database.
Within the Databases Landing Page (Configuration > Database > Databases) a column called Status shows whether a database is archived or if it's available
For increased security, you have the ability to assign a unique domain to each database within your account. Click Start > Configuration > Database > Databases. From here, open up a database where you specify the Login Domain:
We recommend that you use a name based on the name of your Organisation eg, myorganisation.workbooks.com. The domain name field should only be populated with the text "myorganisation".
When you click Save & Close, Workbooks will append the value entered with workbooks.com making up the rest of the URL. When setting this URL, there are a number of factors to be aware of that could affect other areas of your Workbooks configuration:
- Your users will be prompted to permit web Notifications to their browser from the new domain name.
- If you have previously sent emails with links to a Workbooks record, you will be prompted to login again, even if you are already logged in: they will refer to the prior domain name. Links going forwards will work correctly.
- If you have configured iframe custom fields which refer back to assets or processes within your database, the URLs of those will need to be updated to refer to the new domain name.
NOTE: We reserve the right to re-assign your selected domain if we consider it to be obstructing the business of another Workbooks customer.