- Displaying & Adding Opportunities
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Introduction to Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- PDF Configuration
Your Administrator can modify the Opportunity Stages if required.
- My Opportunities - a subset of the All Opportunities view showing a list of those Opportunities that are either assigned to you or that have been marked to appear in your My Opportunities view;
- All Opportunities - all the Opportunities on your database.
In addition, there are several system generated views based on when the Opportunity is due to close. You can customise the appearance of this (and any other) Landing Page including grouping, filtering and saving views. For more information on customising views click here.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined and click on it.
To create a new Opportunity either:
- Convert an existing Lead; or:
- Open the Organisation or Person record for the prospective customer, open the Opportunity tab and click New Opportunity; or
- Click Start > Sales > Opportunities > New Opportunity; or:
- Click Start > New > Opportunity; or
- Open an existing Transaction Document, click Copy Record and choose Create Opportunity. If you use this option remember to update all the appropriate fields and amend the items in the Related Items tab to ensure the correct relationships are recorded.
The first method will automatically link the Person and the Organisation in the Lead with the Opportunity. Similarly, the second method will automatically link the prospective customer (which can be a Person or an Organisation) to the Opportunity.
Currency - if your Own Organisation trades in more than one currency, make sure the correct one is selected from the dropdown at the top of the screen next to Currency. NOTE: This field only appears after you click Save. Choose your currency before adding any Line Items otherwise any you've added will be removed.
Prospective Customer - if you created the Opportunity from the Opportunity record this field will already be populated. Otherwise, start typing the name in and select the right Organisation or Person from the list that appears, or click on the binocular symbol to look up the right Organisation or Person in the dialogue box that appears.
Close Date - enter the date that you anticipate the sale will close. As you learn more about the Opportunity you may need to amend this date.
Stage - although this field isn't compulsory, it's important to enter the correct Opportunity Stage as this will impact upon reports and sales Forecasts. Generally an Opportunity moves forward from one stage to the next (possibly 'skipping' stages) until it is either Won or Lost. To downgrade an Opportunity stage, a user must have the 'Downgrade Opportunity to Previous Stage' capability. (By default this capability is automatically given to users in the following groups: System Administration, Sales Administration, Sales Managers and Sales People but can be removed by your System Administrator, if required.)
Probability - depending on how your database has been configured, this field might be auto-populated (based on the Opportunity Stage entered). However, you can use the dropdown picklist to enter another percentage if applicable.
Type - use this field to classify what sort of business this is.
Source - this field records the source of the Opportunity.