- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Please find below the system requirements and compatibility specification for the latest version of the Workbooks Outlook Connector.
We recommend always installing the most recent version of the Outlook Connector.
Table of contents
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Important Notes
We recommend your computer has at least a 1.8GHz CPU, 1024x768 screen, with 2GB of main memory and 1GB of free hard disk space
|MS Exchange Server 2013||Supported|
|MS Exchange Server 2016||Supported|
|MS Exchange Online (Office 365)||Supported|
|MS Windows 8 (including 8.1)||Supported|
|MS Windows 10||Supported|
|Apple Mac OS X||Not supported (see below)|
|MS Outlook 2013||Supported|
|MS Outlook 2013 SP1||Supported|
|MS Outlook 2016||Supported|
|MS Office 2013 SP1||Supported|
|MS Office 2016||Supported|
This is supported providing you are using it with a version of Outlook which is also supported.
The Workbooks Outlook Connector is compatible with PST (POP3) and Cached Exchange (OST), but not with IMAP or Non-Cached Exchange. You should aim to use Cached Exchange mode since with PST you will not have the ability to share emails.
The MS Exchange Server account must be configured in Cached Exchange Mode only. Where MS Exchange Server is not used, a local (on client PC) Outlook .PST file is used for the Workbooks CRM data storage.
Only a single Outlook profile should be used with the Workbooks Outlook Connector.
When MS Business Contact Manager is used it changes the PST schema in ways that are incompatible with the Workbooks Outlook Connector.
We recommend it is disabled prior to the installation of the Outlook Connector.
This is not supported and not recommended for general use. You should instead use the Workbooks Exchange Server Sync solution.
The Workbooks Outlook Connector has been created for Windows versions of Outlook. You can run these within a "Virtual Machine" such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion, or alternatively, you could use the Dropbox or the Workbooks Exchange Server Sync service.
You can use tools such as SCCM to automate the deployment of the Outlook Connector.