- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign Example - Taking Payments
- DocuSign Example - Updating Related Records
- Docusign Example - Multiple Document Sends
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Cases
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Organisations
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for People
- DocuSign Example - Unified PDF
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Welcome Messages & Bulletins
Introduction to Welcome Messages & Bulletins
Workbooks includes the ability to compile and distribute messages to specified groups of users within your database. You might, for example, want to use this feature to send a message to the sales team notifying them of a product promotion or send a message to all users to let them know that an important customer is in your offices. Messages can:
- Be sent from Workbooks Online or by those users in your account who have the appropriate Capabilities.
- Be compiled in HTML or text format.
- Include pictures and links to files in your Upload Library.
- Be formatted to appear for a specified amount of time.
- Can be formatted Bulletins or as Welcome Messages (these are displayed when the user first logs into the database and at every subsequent login unless the user switches off the Welcome Messages within Preferences).
- Can be opened, snoozed or dismissed by the recipient.
Displaying Welcome Messages & Bulletins
Clicking on Start > Bulletins displays the Bulletins Landing Page. By default, the Bulletins Landing Page gives you a choice of views, including:
- Bulletins - displays messages appropriate to you (that haven't been hidden).
- Welcome Messages - displays Welcome Messages appropriate to you (that haven't been hidden).
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined, then click on it once.
Welcome Messages appropriate to you will be displayed when you first log into Workbooks and then every subsequent time unless you deselect the option Show this Message when I log in again and then close the message. Alternatively, you can control whether or not you see the Welcome Message within Preferences.
If you opt to 'switch off' your Welcome Messages, you will still be able to see them via the Bulletins Landing Page.
Creating Welcome Messages & Bulletins
With the Bulletins Landing Page open, click New Welcome or New Bulletin. When creating your message remember the following:
Give your message an appropriate name. This will be visible to the recipient so make sure it makes sense.
Use the dropdown picklist to choose to send your message to members of an appropriate Workbooks group, depending on the information you're sharing. If you want the message to be sent to members of more than one group you should either create duplicate messages or create a new group that combines the users that you want to receive the message.
NOTE: Welcome Messages can only be sent to either the Everyone group or the System Administration group.
Window Width & Height
These fields control the size of the message window and default to 580x380. You can change this by overtyping the figures.
This allows you to specify the date and time from which the message will start to be displayed when users log into Workbooks.
Notify Until date/time
This allows you to specify the date and time from which the message is no longer relevant. (If no date/time is specified for a Bulletin, it will be active for 31 days from the Publish date/time.)
Hide After date/time
This allows you to enter a date and time after which you want the message to be hidden from the Bulletins Landing Page.
NOTE: Users with the Capability to maintain Bulletins will still be able to see messages beyond their Hide After date/time.
Create your message either by typing it into the message field or by clicking on the HTML button to enter HTML code. You can include pictures and links to your Upload Library, if required.
When you've completed your message you can click Save & Close. However, to make it visible to your specified audience, remember to click Activate.