- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Adding Elements to Dashboards
From the Layout Tab of a dashboard it is possible to add new elements to the Dashboard as well as amend existing elements. Elements can be Charts, Reports, Web Pages or Web Processes.
To add a new element to a Dashboard, select the Add Button from the Layout Tab. This will provide a picklist of the four different element types that can be added, and once added, the new element will always appear in the top of the left hand column of the Dashboard.
Once an element is added to the Dashboard, the Permission settings for the Dashboard will overwrite the Permissions for each element. This means that even if a Report View was not shared with a User Group they will still be able to view the data in the context of the Dashboard, providing the Dashboard is shared with them. However, it should be noted that they will not be able to drill into the elements for further analysis unless they have View Permissions for the Report being used.
You can choose exactly which height an element displays as using the Element Height dropdown. Auto will automatically determine the best size, but you can also pick from normal, double or half height, depending on how you want to display the data. Note: Auto will only work for grids, charts will not be resized. Number of lines of data is determined by preferences therefore if 100 lines are chosen, and there are more than 100 lines of data to be shown, auto will only fit 100 lines of data.
Adding a Chart to a Dashboard
If you add a Chart to the Dashboard, this will open a new window where you will need to enter the details of where the Chart is found, as well as providing it with a Title. The Report picklist will be restricted to only show Reports that you have Permissions to View and that have at least one Chart. Once you have selected the Report, you will then be able to select the Chart from the Report that you want to appear in the Dashboard Element.
By default the Title given to the element will be the same as the Chart name, however this can be amended if required.
Once you have set up the Chart, click Save; this will create two new Tabs: Report and Field Mappings.
The 'Report' tab shows you the underlying report data used to generate the Chart.
From this Tab you can apply filters and change the sort order of columns; any changes made here will be applied to the Chart within the Dashboard. This means that the same Chart could be added to a Dashboard multiple times with different filters applied to display different information.
The 'Field mappings' tab allows you to review any existing Dashboard Field Mappings setup within the Dashboard as well as add a newly created Chart to a Dashboard Field.
Adding a Report to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Report to the Dashboard a new window will open, where you will need to enter the details of the Report View, as well as giving it a Title.
The Report picklist will be restricted to only show Reports that you have Permissions to View. Once you have selected the Report you will then be able to choose the View from the Report that you want to appear as the Dashboard Element.
By default, the Title given to the element will be the same as the View name, however, this can be amended if required.
Once you have set up the Report View, click Save; this will create two new Tabs, Report and Field Mappings.
The 'Report' tab shows you the report data that will be shown in the Dashboard Element. From this tab, you are able to apply filters and change the sort order of columns; any changes made here will be applied to the Report View within the Dashboard. This means that the same Report could be added to a Dashboard multiple times with different filters applied to display different information.
The 'Field mappings' tab allows you to review any existing Dashboard Field Mappings setup within the Dashboard as well as add a newly created Report View to a Dashboard Field.
Adding a Web Page to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Web Page to the Dashboard, a new window will open where you will need to enter the details of the Web Page. You do not need to enter the full domain, however it is recommended that any webpage added has the https:// URL prefix to increase the likelihood that Workbooks will be able to connect to it.
Once you have entered the URL you can then provide a Title for the Element; this will not be automatically populated and needs to be entered manually.
Adding a Web Process to a Dashboard
If you choose to add a Web Process to the Dashboard a new window will open where you will be able to select a Web Process from the picklist. You will only be able to see Web Processes that are shared with you. Once you have selected the Web Process, the Title will be automatically populated with the Web Process name, however this can be amended if needed.
Adding new records to a dashboard
When setting up your dashboard you can specify what record type you can create from it using the Create new records dropdown below.
For instance, here you can create new opportunities from your sales dashboard.
To re-arrange elements on a dashboard, you can pick up an element, everything else will condense and then you can drag and drop it where you like.