- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign Example - Taking Payments
- DocuSign Example - Updating Related Records
- Docusign Example - Multiple Document Sends
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Cases
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Organisations
- DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for People
- Creating a Document with a Workbooks PDF
- Creating a Document with a DocuSign Template
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Please note, our DocuSign Integration is still in a Beta stage. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When setting up a document within the DocuSign plugin there are a number of settings that will need to be configured which control the behaviour of the integration when you generate an envelope. The settings may vary depending on the Record & Integration Type that is selected.
Below is a list of all of the settings and how they are used when setting up a new document.
- Document Name: A unique name of the document configuration. We recommend that this is something that includes the function of the document so it can be easily identified later. If you are using multi-send mode (see below), this name is also shown on an Activity when a document is generated. The record type that you choose below, will be automatically added to the name.
- Record Type: A picklist of all available record types that the integration can be used with.
- Integration Type: Here you will have two options Workbooks PDF and DocuSign Template. Depending on your selection will cause the below fields to appear for their respective Integration Type.
- Workbooks PDF: A selection of all enabled PDF Templates within your database. This is not restricted by the Record Type picklist so you will need to ensure that you are selecting the template for the correct Record Type otherwise the integration will fail.
- PDF File Name Fields: Once you have selected the Record Type you will be able to use Fields from the specified Record to generate a PDF File Name. If left blank this will result in the integration using the default fields:
- For Cases this is the Customer Name
- For People this is the Person’s Name
- For Organisations this is the Organisation Name
- For Transaction Documents including Opportunities this is also the Customer Name
- DocuSign Template: This looks up a list of all available Templates within DocuSign. Templates must be configured in DocuSign to appear here.
- DocuSign Notifications: DocuSign records an event when something happens with your document. This event is then pushed to Workbooks and the record updated with a new status. By default the “Document Signed” option will be checked, however we recommend that all available options are selected for maximum visibility of your document progress in Workbooks. When a document is signed, you will receive a Workbooks Notifications via your configured preferences.
- Store DocuSign Certificate of Completion: Choose whether you want DocuSign to send an additional PDF file when a document is signed, which details an audited timestamp breakdown of all of the actions against that document. This file is stored on the Files tab in Workbooks against the Source record.
Invoice Specific Options
- DocuSign Payments: It is possible for payment to be taken for Invoices through DocuSign itself. Turning this setting On provides recipients with the option to make a payment for the amount specified in the document. More information on this can be found here.
- Payment Gateways: Select the Payment Gateway that you would like to use for any documents send out. Payment Gateways need to be configured within your DocuSign Account in order to appear here. DocuSign allows Payments through Stripe, Authorize.net and Paypal (via Braintree).
Signer/CC Recipient Setup
- Which relationship roles should be used as Signers?: A document can be sent to one or more people at the same time to request a signature. Select the Relationship types that the integration should look for when generating a new envelope.
- Only People Relationships are available in this picklist as the Signer must be a Person related to the Transaction Document.
- If a Person with the selected relationship is not added to your document, then you will not be able to send a document for signature.
- Additionally, if a Person is related to the document by a relationship that is not selected during the configuration then they will not receive the document for signature.
- Allow Contacts as CC Recipients in DocuSign: When this setting is enabled another multiselect will be shown, allowing you to add additional People to the Email as a CC by specifying the Relationship that they will need with the Document.
- NOTE: Carbon Copy recipients cannot sign a document or fill out required fields during the signature workflow. They can only view the progress of the document.
- DocuSign Interactive Send Mode: By default, this is set to On. When sending a document for signature, Interactive Send Mode will allow the user to preview/change what the document will look like to the end user before it is sent out.
- If this setting is turned off, the document will be sent straight away, without allowing the user to preview/change anything first. It is not advised that this setting is ever turned off except for a few specific circumstances.
- Enable DRAFT document sending: By default, this setting is set to Off. DocuSign Documents cannot be sent from a DRAFT Transaction Document (DQTE, DINV, DORD, DSOR and DCON, DCRN).
- It is not recommended to set DRAFT documents externally. If the document is POSTED, the draft reference is no longer searchable.
- If you would like to override this feature and allow your users to send out DRAFT documents (not recommended), then select On in this picklist.
- Enable Multiple Send: By default, this setting is set to Off. Enabling this feature, changes the behaviour of the integration to create Activities for each document that is sent out. It will allow you to send out the same document for signature again, regardless of whether it has already been signed so careful consideration to your business process should be taken before enabling this setting.
- This setting is useful in some scenarios such as an Approvals process where you may wish to send an internal document before sending out a copy to the customer.
- Update Related Records: When a document is signed, it can update fields on a related record that are linked to your source record via a Dynamic Linked Item (DLI) field. For instance, you could capture updated contact details in your document and the integration will update them on the relevant Person record in Workbooks. See here for more information.
- Records related via Dynamic Picklist type fields are not supported.