- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up your Dropbox
Each user needs to set up their own Dropbox as each Dropbox address is different.
Click Start > Preferences > Email Dropbox > Create Dropbox. This will generate a Dropbox email address (which is a long string of alphanumeric characters ending with @dropbox.workbooks.com).
To make using your Dropbox email address easier, we recommend that you add the address to your list of email contacts. The simplest way to do this is to click on Download vCard. (A vCard is a standard file format for electronic business cards making it easy for you to share your Dropbox email address with your email client.)
If you open the downloaded vCard, you'll see that the contact has been named Workbooks Dropbox, thus by saving this vCard you'll be able to send emails to a contact named 'Workbooks Dropbox'.
You can specify which (if any) Dropbox emails you are notified about, using the dropdown picklist next to Dropbox Notifications. The choices are:
- Notify me when there are Dropbox email matching problems - this setting will generate a pop-up message in Workbooks if you've sent an email to your Dropbox which uses an Object Reference that cannot be found within your database.
- Notify me about all email sent to my Dropbox - this will generate a pop-up message Workbooks every time you send an email to your Dropbox.
- Don't notify me about Dropbox emails - as the name suggests, if you choose this setting you will not receive any notifications about emails sent to your Dropbox so you will not be informed if there was a problem linking the email to records within your database.
NOTE: If you send an email to your Dropbox that includes an email address for which there is no record on Workbooks, you will not be notified. The email will be within your database (and can be found within the Email Landing Page) but will not be linked to a specific Person or Lead record. If you add a Person or Lead record later that uses that email address, the email will then be linked to the new record.
You can control who can send emails to your Dropbox using the dropdown picklist next to Dropbox Authorisation. The choices are:
- Accept Dropbox email from Authorised Senders - select this option if you want to keep direct control of the addresses that are able to send emails to your Dropbox.
NOTE: By default, the user creating the Dropbox is always an Authorised Sender (and cannot be deleted). You can control your list of Authorised Senders by clicking on Authorised Senders on the left-hand side of your Preferences window.
- Accept Dropbox email from my People, my Sales Leads and Authorised Senders - select this option to allow your Dropbox to accept emails from your Authorised Senders PLUS any People or Leads on Workbooks which appear in the My People and My Leads views respectively.
- Accept Dropbox email from all People, Sales Leads and Authorised Senders - this is the widest setting and allows your Dropbox to accept emails from your Authorised Senders PLUS all People and Sales Leads on Workbooks.
NOTE: Even if you choose the third option above, emails will only appear within Workbooks if the sender knows your Dropbox email address and includes it in either the To, the Cc or the Bcc fields of their email.
Authorise using message body 'sender address'
You will also see a checkbox called Authorise using message body 'sender address'. An email message comprises an envelope and body (although this is 'behind the scenes'). The body contains three key types of information:
- The content of the message, i.e. the text, any attachments and so on.
- A list of intended recipients.
- The sender of the message (added automatically by your email client).
When the message is sent, an envelope is created that contains a copy of the recipients' and the sender's email addresses. Normally you don't see the envelope but it is used to ensure the correct delivery of the message.
When Workbooks receives an email addressed to a Dropbox, the sender address in the envelope is used to validate that the message is from an authorised email address.
This is normally fine; however, some email services allow you to send a message that 'appears' to come from you, without any connection to your normal email service.
In this case, the envelope of the email does not contain your 'real' email address and Workbooks will not recognise it as an authorised email address (in such cases it can be quite hard to find out what the sender address in the envelope really is.) If this is the case Workbooks can be configured to validate using the sender address in the original body of the message. To do this, tick the checkbox next to Authorise using message body 'sender address'.