- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Support Processes
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Imports Troubleshooting
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
- GatorMail Troubleshooting
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- RevenueGrid Intelligence and Engage
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Desktop Preferences
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2023 Release
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Okta is a platform in the Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) category, which means that it gives you and your colleagues access to all other (company) software with one login. Okta is available on your computer, laptop, mobile phone or tablet, allowing you to access your applications anytime and anywhere.
How it works
Unlike the Google Authentication and Microsoft Azure, Okta allows users to log into one platform which then allows the user to log in to any other software available on the users Okta Dashboard. Rather than going through Workbooks to login screen and either choosing Google or Microsoft, the user will be able to configure their Okta dashboard with the Workbooks CRM and login straight from the dashboard.
NOTE: Okta needs to be already set up within your Organisation to be able to use this integration.
Below is a step by step guide on how to set up the integration:
Creating the new custom app integration
- Login as an Okta Admin user.
- From the left hand side menu navigate to Applications > Applications.
- Click 'Create App Integration'.
- A window will show, choose the option 'OIDC - OpenID Connect'.
- Underneath that the window will expand with 3 more options, choose 'Web Application', then click Next.
- Another page will show. Within the App integration name field, enter 'Workbooks CRM'.
- Upload a logo for the Logo field in Okta. Any logo can be used, but you can download the Workbooks logo here.
- Leave 'Grant Type' preset to 'Authorization Code' only.
- Leave 'Trusted Origins'/'Base URIs' blank.
NOTE: Do not add additional URIs in the above 3 fields.
- In Assignments, choose who you want to initially grant the 'Workbooks CRM' custom app integration to. Then click Save.
- Scroll down to the 'General Settings' section, and click the Edit link.
- Within 'APPLICATION', tick 'Implicit (hybrid)'.
- Two more checkboxes will appear; make sure that only 'Allow ID Token with implicit grant type' is ticked.
- Optionally enter https://www.workbooks.com/legal/ in the 'Terms of Service URI' field.
- Optionally enter https://www.workbooks.com/legal/ in the 'Policy URI' field.
- In the 'Login initiated by' field, choose the option 'Either Okta or App'.
- Two fields will appear underneath. In the 'Application visibility' field, tick 'Display application to users' to show 'Workbooks CRM' on the Dashboard of assigned users.
- Make sure that 'Login flow' is set to 'Redirect to app to initiate login (OIDC Compliant)'.
- In the 'Initiate login URI' field, enter https://secure.workbooks.com/oauth2_login/Okta, then click Save.
Allow Okta to send the user's assigned group names to Workbooks, to support user provisioning
- Go to the 'Sign On' tab.
- Scroll down to the 'OpenID Connect ID Token' section, and click the Edit link.
- In the 'Groups claim filter', change 'Starts with' to 'Matches regex' and in the following field, enter '.*', then click Save.
Now go back to the General tab. The configured custom app integration now has 'Client ID', 'Client Secret' and 'Okta domain' values. Each field has a button to the right that will copy the value into the Clipboard.
Copy each value into the Okta Authentication screen in the Configuration area of your Workbooks account, which can be found within Configuration > Account Settings > Authentication > Okta Authentication. Then, tick 'Enable login via Okta'. You may also enable provisioning and create User Templates if you wish. Finally Save & Close the Okta Authentication screen.
You should now be able to login to Okta as a normal user, and then click on the Workbooks CRM app in the Okta Dashboard to go straight into the Workbooks Desktop.