- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- RevenueGrid Intelligence and Engage
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Desktop Preferences
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2023 Release
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up your Preference Centre
There are 7 areas you should work through when setting up a Preference Centre:
- Creating the attributes in Spotler. Attributes are - in effect - the Preference Centre fields.
- Setting up the Preference Centre fields in Workbooks.
- Mapping the fields between Spotler and Workbooks.
- Setting up the Landing Page within Spotler (ie, your Preference Centre).
- Create the unsubscribe process.
- Enabling the Preference Centre.
The exact steps will depend on whether you use checkboxes or dropdowns to control the Preferences. Information on both approaches is available in the slide deck below.
NOTE: Part of the set up involves requesting the Mapping Schema in Spotler which can take some time so make sure you don't leave this to the last minute.
1. Setting up the Preference Centre fields in Spotler
You need to create attribute fields in Spotler.
Navigate to Audience > Contract Fields and click Add Attribute.
When creating Preference Centre fields, always prefix their name with 'Pref_'. This will make it much easier to find them again in future and also make troubleshooting easier if anything goes wrong.
- Enter the attribute name. This is the equivalent of the database name and cannot include spaces.
- The display name. For preference fields, the name here isn't likely to appear to the end-user as you can relabel it on the form so best advice is to give this the same name as the attribute name.
- Data Type. For most Workbooks implementations you should select the True/False option. However, dropdowns can also be used. NOTE: Check to see if the customer wants Workbooks to integrate with another system and if so, can the other system accept checkbox values? For example, our CCH Customers integrate with a tool called Central, which doesn't accept checkbox values so a dropdown must be used. To enter the values you want the contact to select from, type them into the value field, separated by a comma (with no space after the comma), making sure these match the possible values you've entered in the Workbooks picklist.
- Enter the value you'd like to use to identify the contact as opted in.
- Enter the value you'd like to use to identify the contact as opted out.
- Select yes, which will display the contact's preference options on the summary of the contact record under Audience/Contact/Summary.
- Best practice is to leave the checkboxes next to 'Include Null values as True' and 'Include Blank values as True' unticked.
NOTE: When setting up the True and False value fields it's vital that they are set the right way around. If 'True Value' is set to 'True' it means that when a customer checks a Preference field as True in an email's Landing Zone it will check that field on a Contact/Person as True. If 'True Value' is set to 'False', it means that when a customer checks a Preference field as True in an email's Landing Zone, it will UNCHECK that field on a Contact/Person, ie it will set it to False. Understanding the latter configuration is very important. If the 'True Value' is set to 'False' it means that the customer thinks that they are opting in to receive emails from this preference but they're really opting out and vice versa.
2. Setting up the Preference Centre fields in Workbooks
Set up custom fields (checkboxes or dropdowns, depending on what you've set up in Spotler) and add them to a section called Preferences on the form layouts for both Sales Leads and People. Guidance on creating custom fields in Workbooks is available on our Knowledge Base here.
3. Mapping the fields
Now map the fields between Workbooks and Spotler within Tools > Integrations > Mappings. Before setting up any new mappings, click Get Schema, which makes sure you can see the most up-to-date list of fields from Workbooks. (If you still can't see the fields and you're sure they do exist in Workbooks, try clearing your cache.)
Remember, you need to map the fields for both a Person and a Sales Lead. Expand the row for the record type you want to add the mapping to using the arrow on the left and click 'Add a mapping'. You can now use the dropdowns under CommuniGator Attribute Name and CRM Attribute Name to map the fields together. Tick the checkbox for Data Cleanse, which allows the integration to pass the value back into Workbooks.
When you finished mapping the fields for both Sales Lead and Person, click Publish Changes.
NOTE: If a customer isn't using the standard integration with Spotler, and is just using the Data Sync or has set up Workflows, you need to make sure that the mappings have been set up there too. (Tools > Data Sync > Mappings.)
More information is available in the slide deck above.
4. Setting up the Campaign Landing Pages (using GatorCreator)
Once the custom fields are in place, there needs to be somewhere that contacts go to enter their preferences. For this, you need to set up a Campaign Landing Page. Again, this is described for both the checkbox and dropdown approaches in the slide deck . Samples of Preference Centre HTML pages can be found here.
You will also need to create a second landing page that will show if a customer clicks on the global unsubscribe link.
5. Create the unsubscribe process
You need to create a new unsubscribe process via Tools > Unsubscribe. This process will consist of the two landing pages you have created, with the preference centre as page 1, and the confirmation page as page 2.
To function correctly, when a contact clicks on the unsubscribe link in an email, they should be taken to the first Landing Page. Once there, if they click on the unsubscribe link they should be directed to a second Landing Page and opted out of emails. This is described on Spotler's site here.
6. Enable the Preference Centre
To make your Preference Centre the default one used for every future email campaign, in Spotler click Tools > System Defaults and for the Unsubscribe option select the Preference Centre you just created.
7. Test the Preference Centre
Follow the information in slides 42 and 43 of the slide deck to test the Preference Centre.