- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Report-based Custom Fields
Workbooks allows you to incorporate reports into your custom fields, so that you can dynamically display data in a lot broader and more efficient way.
Each time you open or save a record, the data will automatically refresh so that it is displaying the most up-to-date information from the report at that time.
There are two ways that you can incorporate reports into your records; either as a frame of the entire report view, or as a report cell returning a specific singular value from the report.
To incorporate a report as a Frame into the record view, select the custom field type 'Report'.
In this example, we want to return a report that will show this Organisation's employees, so we are using the report of “People & Employers”.
To filter down to the People that are linked to this Organisation as their employer, we have mapped the Form Field “Object Reference” to the Report Column “Employer’s Object Reference”. The operator in this scenario is 'equals', but it is possible to use other operators like 'greater than' or 'contains'.
The size of the Frame can be altered by changing the “Minimum Height” and “Default Height” values.
You are also able to select to display a “Refresh” button and/or an “Open Report” button to make sure that you are always able to access the most recent data, using the checkboxes in the 'Show' section.
The settings above will now configure a Frame like below to be embedded within the Record View, it can be navigated and used as if it were a normal Report.
Report on a tab
To incorporate a Report as a tab on a Record, create a custom field of type Report. Then tick the checkbox highlighted in the screenshot below, this will make report available for use as a tab on a Form Layout.
This Report tab can then be found in the highlighted section below when customising the Form Layout.
You can also select to create a custom field based on a 'Report cell', which instead of returning a list of results, will just return a single result specific to the Record in question.
After adding a Report cell custom field, you are presented with a similar view to that which is seen with Report Custom Fields
In this example we will use the Report cell to show what the Total Sales is for a particular Customer. Firstly we need to select the relevant Report, and then we need to narrow it down to the column value that we wish to retrieve, in this case 'Total Sales' on the 'Billings by Customer' view.
In order to retrieve the data relevant to the Record we want, we need to add constraints to tell Workbooks which row to look at. In this example, we only want the row for the Organisation we have open, so we will constrain by the Id.
NOTE: If you have more than one row with the same value, then the report cell will not know which row to show. Make sure that you are constraining on a unique identifier.
After adding this field, we can now see the relevant value returned in Workbooks.