I need to create/edit product categories. When I create a new product, I am asked for "Category" but I just can choose a pre-defined values. I can't change this in Configuration>Customisation>Picklist ...
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
Electronic Signing Tools
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign Functionality
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Workbooks does not allow you to delete a Supply Scheme once it has been used in a Transaction Document.
A Supply Scheme enables you to set a range of standard costs for a Product from a specific supplier. The ability to set multiple costs for a Product allows you to:
- Create special prices.
- Identify Product brands from different suppliers (without creating separate Product records).
- Apply different costs to specific volumes of goods/services.
A Supply Scheme consists of a scheme name, supplier reference code, description, supplier name and also provides fields for cost and tax codes. In addition, a scheme can have a defined start and end date.
The ability to set multiple costs for a Product allows you to create special costs, identify brands different from suppliers without the need for separate Product records. Supply schemes are available and selectable within both customer and supplier transactions.
To add a Supply Scheme to a Product, open the Product record and with the Supply Schemes tab open, click on Add Supply Scheme.
The only compulsory fields are Name and Supplier. The name should be for the scheme not for the Product and this will be selectable on a transaction document line item. Choose a supplier using the dropdown picklist. Your choices will be limited to those Organisations which have been designated as being a supplier to any Own Organisation on your database.
NOTE: The description field is used to describe the Supply Scheme itself NOT the Product as the Product Description has already been entered in the top half of the record.
Complete the other fields as appropriate and when finished click Save or Save & Close.
NOTE: Only users with a Workbooks Business licence have access to Supply Schemes.