- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up your Automation or Integration
Locating your Triggers
Under Start>Configuration>Automation>Triggers you will find a list of all Triggers currently located on the database.
NOTE: Workbooks comes with native Triggers, some examples of which can be seen in the image below.
It is best practice to check to see if a Trigger already exists that can be used for the purpose intended.
NOTE: The example below looks at using a Trigger that monitors the creation of a new Case. This Trigger already exists above but for the purposes of this example a new Trigger will be created.
Creating a new Trigger.
To create a new Trigger click the New Trigger Button in the top left of the View above. You will see a New Trigger window in which you will be asked to choose the Record Type that will be monitored and the Name of the Trigger.
NOTE: It is best practice to fill in the Description column to increase the visibility of what the Trigger is being used for.
At this point it is also possible to define what types of changes, if not all of them, activate the Trigger. This is done in the Fire Trigger On Section. It is also possible to enable and disable the Trigger by use of the checkbox located just above this Section.
You can pick whether you want the trigger to fire when a record is created, updated, deleted, or recovered.
NOTE: If you want to restrict the actions that fire the Trigger, for example only new Case records where the Priority is high, then you will need to contact the Support team after creating the Trigger. Workbooks will then update the Ruby Rule section to meet your needs where possible.
After creating the Trigger by clicking the Create button located at the top of the image above two more tabs will become available, the Events and Subscriptions tabs.
The Events tab logs every occurrence in which the Trigger was fired. The Subscriptions tab stores all of the Webhooks associated with the Trigger.
Creating your Webhooks
On the Subscription tab of the Trigger, click the New Webhook button to create a Webhook.
When creating a Webhook, give it a Name, description and Callback URL as well as a User to notify if the Webhook fails.
NOTE: It is best practice to fill in the Description field here as well. This is particularly useful as multiple Webhooks can be stored under a single Trigger.
The Callback URL can be Workbooks specific or from a different online application. It is a URL that refers to a Process that will be carried out when the Webhook is Triggered.
NOTE: If the URL corresponds to an external Web Process, then you must make sure that your Web Service is exposed on a standard port such as 443 or 80.
In this example it is referring to a web process located in the same Workbooks database that is designed to send an email to the Support team informing them that a new Case has been created. The complexity of the process triggered by the Callback URL is not limited allowing for an extensive range of automations to be achievable.
Like Triggers, Webhooks can be enabled and disabled by using the checkbox located below the Description field in the above image. This is again useful when multiple Webhooks are linked to a single Trigger. To finish creating the Webhook, click the Save and Close button.
Webhooks have two additional tabs, the Events tab and the Delivery tab. If the Webhook is triggered then these events are will appear in the Events tab. It is possible to process multiple events in a single delivery to the Callback URL, each delivery that takes place will be stored within the Deliveries tab. These two levels allow for more visibility when investigating the Trigger and Webhooks.