- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Workbooks templates can be used when compiling emails, documents (Google Documents) or Notes. If you regularly send out emails which have similar content or want to create documents or Notes in the same format, you'll benefit from setting up Templates.
By default, Templates are private to their creator but they can be shared by amending the Sharing Permissions within the padlock icon in the top right-hand corner.
Not only will this feature improve productivity but it will also enforce consistent and a high-quality output.
Workbooks supports the creation of three types of Template:
- A template for a specific record type
These templates can only be used when composing an email, document or Note about a specific type of record and you can include placeholders for data found on those records.
For example, a Case email template to give a customer an update on a support query they've reported might include placeholders for data such as the case reference number, the status, who's the issue is assigned to and so on. A number of pre-defined templates are provided within the product, which can be modified to suit your needs or you can create templates from scratch.
- A mailshot email template
A template created for a mailshot. These templates can include placeholders for data drawn from the related Marketing Campaign or from the email recipient records, such as title, name, address, employer, etc.
- A simple email template
These templates don't relate to specific record types so can be used for emails throughout Workbooks.
Templates can be entered by typing directly into the body and formatting the text or can be entered as HTML and can include links to images and URLs in your Upload Library.
To see existing Templates click Start > Marketing > Templates, which opens the Templates Landing Page. You can customise the appearance of this (and any other) Landing Page including grouping, filtering and saving views.
For more information on customising views click here.