- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Introduction to Reporting
Workbooks provides an extremely powerful and flexible reporting engine which allows you to extract information from your database in the way that best suits your business.
You will require the following capabilities to access the reporting module in Workbooks:
- View Reports
- Modify Reports
The above capabilities, when granted via a User Group, will place a "Reporting" option on the Start Menu and allow you to create new and edit existing reports on your database.
There are four components to reporting in Workbooks, these are:
Reports display a collection of information from the records in your Workbooks system. You can create simple reports to list a set of fields, being returned in the form of columns and rows, much like a spreadsheet. Or you can build a summary report which summarises information, and groups information together. You can use formulae such as totals, counts or averages.
Remember, by default, reports don't have any criteria, which means all records of that record type will be displayed e.g. All Opportunities in the database will be displayed. Add Criteria to return just the records of interest.
Using Workbooks you can also join together records of different types, allowing you to create reports which contain fields from both record types. For example, you could create a report from the People record listing the persons name and email address and then using criteria, limit that report to only include People who have Director in their job title. In addition, you could join to their employer's Organisation record and include the Revenue from the organisation record.
Finally, you could also apply criteria to the Revenue field to only select Organisations with revenues of £5m or more. This allows you to build a report of all people in your database whose job title includes the word 'Director' that work for organisations with revenues of more than £5m.
Important: It's important to note that reports have multiple views:
- Details view - This view essentially lists all the data you need to see, perform calculations on, summarise or group by.
- Summary views - Summary views are created from the Details view. Consider an Opportunities report. You can group by the Assigned to field, then Split the data by Stage. This report gives you a breakdown of what opportunities each sales person is working on, and what Stage the opportunities are at. It's a classic Sales Pipeline report.
Bulk Actions can be carried out on Reports using a Script which can be run against the data set identified in the Report. For example, you may wish to create an activity reminder for any opportunities not updated in the last 7 days that don't have any future/scheduled follow-up activities.
Your Sales Team will then find new activities in their My Activities list. The report returns any opportunities that fit the criteria. The script performs the part of the process where the list of opportunities are processed, and activities are created and linked to those opportunities. This is of course just one example, and the requirement varies by each customer. Please do contact us for advice.
Once you have built a report you can build a chart from that report. Workbooks supports the following types of charts: Pie Chart, Bar Charts, Line Charts & Dials (dials are similar to a gauge).
Dashboards enable you to bring together management information from reports and charts in a central place. You can create as many dashboards as you require and share them with colleagues and you can drill down through the dashboard to the underlying report data.
Resources to help you get started
- Introduction to Reporting - covers the basics around reporting
- Blog post - 6 Powerful reports to Skyrocket your Sales Teams Performance
- All of the Success Clinics talk about reporting around a particular business area:
- Template Reports – a list of all the pre-built reports in Workbooks, showing a preview of them and a summary of what they could be used for
- The Reporting Forum area – includes lots of reporting ideas