- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- Gator Smart Forms
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Sync Deleted Workbooks Records
- Outreach Email Events to Online Activities
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Displaying & Adding Campaigns
Clicking on Start > Marketing > Campaigns displays the Campaigns Landing Page.
The Campaigns Landing Page displays a choice of views:
- My Active Campaigns - a subset of the All Active Campaigns view showing a list of those Campaigns that have been assigned to you.
- All Active Campaigns - a list of all the active Campaigns on your database.
- All Campaigns - a list of all the Campaigns on your database, including any that are closed.
Apply a filter within the Campaign Members tab so you can see all those people who still need to be followed up.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined then click on it once.
When creating a new Campaign you should:
Once the Campaign has been created you can:
- Send the Members a Mailshot. (You can only send a Mailshot if your System Administrator has configured Workbooks to send emails via your own server, not through the Workbooks server.)
- Follow up the Members by telephone and track their interest.
To create a new Campaign either:
- Click Start > Marketing > Campaigns > New Campaign; or:
- Click Start > New > Campaign.
Either option will generate a new Campaign data form for completion.
Use the Name field to enter the name that you'll use for the Campaign internally. Every Campaign that you create within Workbooks must have a unique name. When you send a Mailshot to the Campaign members they can access a subscription management screen which shows the Public Name of the Campaign so be sure to use a name that will make sense to the recipients. If you leave the Public Name field blank, recipients will see whatever you've entered in the Name field.
Complete the other fields as appropriate.
Notice that there is a reveal for Members Email Summary. To begin with all these fields will show zero as you haven't yet added any Members but when you have, these fields will be updated to show how many members have a valid email address, how many have opted out of email (i.e., People / Leads / Organisations with a check in the box next to Email opt out on their record) and how many are eligible for email. If you send a Mailshot to the members and as a result Members unsubscribe from this Campaign, the figure in the Unsubscribed field will increase.
Once you've set up your Campaign, work through the following:
You can track the level of interest that Campaign Members have in a specific Campaign by allocating them with a status. To define the statuses available for each Campaign, open the Member Status tab and check that the statuses you want for this Campaign exist. Click on Add Status to add any new ones.
Within the Members tab, click Add to build your list of Campaign Members. You can:
- Add People - search for the Person you want to add, tick the box next to their name and click Add.
- Add Organisations - search for the Organisation you want to add, tick the box next to its name and click Add.
- Add Leads - search for the Lead you want to add, tick the box next to its name and click Add.
- Add recipients selected from a Report - use the dropdown picklist to select the appropriate Report. (Only reports based on People, Organisations and Leads will be shown in the picklist.) You also need to select the column from the report to identify the recipients - typically this will be the Person, Organisation or Lead name.
- NOTE: When creating a report to be used to create campaign members, the only column of data you need in your report is the one for the name of either the person, the organisation or the lead. When you use the report to create the members of your campaign Workbooks will automatically pull through all the relevant details about their employer, who the record is assigned to, the address details and so on. The email address used will always be the main email address for the Person or Lead.
- Add recipients from a Mailing List - you can use an existing Mailing List to populate a new list by using the dropdown picklist. If you want the new Mailing List to 'inherit' the subscription status of each recipient from the original list leave the checkbox next to Copy subscription status checked.
- Add recipients from a Marketing Campaign - use the dropdown picklist to select the appropriate Campaign.
In addition, you can copy members from a Mailshot by opening that Mailshot, selecting the Recipients tab and selecting Bulk Actions > Add to Campaign.
In each case, you have to attribute a status to the Campaign Member. If you're adding Members in bulk you have to apply the same status to all the Members being added.
If you try to add a record to a Campaign and that Person, Organisation or Lead is already a member of that Campaign, Workbooks will not add them twice. This means, for example, that if you've added members using a report, you can select the same report again and only any new records on that report will be added to the Campaign.
NOTE: It is also possible to add members from Landing Pages using Bulk Actions. To do this, open the relevant Landing Page and apply one or more Filters to shows those People/Organisations/Sales Leads you want to add to your Marketing Campaign. Then click Bulk Actions > Add to Campaign. You can then specify which Marketing Campaign you wish to add these Records to and their associated Member Status. If you have the Auditing Module activated for the User carrying out the Bulk Action then each addition of a Member will create an Audit Record.
To send a Mailshot to all the eligible Members (ie, all those with email addresses who haven't unsubscribed or opted out of email) open the Mailshots tab and click New Mailshot. This opens a Wizard to guide you through creating your Mailshot. Click here for information on how to create a Mailshot.
Multiple Mailshots can be sent from one Campaign so that you can create a series of communications with your target market. You can see a list of these within the Mailshots tab on the Campaign.
The list of Campaign Members provides a ready-made calling list for you to work through. You can record any Meeting, Phone Call or To-do Activities using the appropriate icon at the end of the row for each Member. Similarly, you can use the Email icon to send the individual an email.
Notice that when creating an Activity using these icons for a Person or a Lead, the Activity includes an extra field under the Primary Contact details called Campaign Status. This enables you to update the Person or Lead's status in respect of the Campaign directly from the Activity.
Any Activities created in this way will appear in both the Activity tab on the Campaign and in the Activities Landing Page for whomever the Activity has been assigned to, as well as on the Activity tab for the relevant Person or Lead.
Remember, you can apply a filter to the Members so you can easily identify those who have not yet been contacted.