- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Displaying & Adding Cases
To create a new Case you can:
- Click Start > Cases > New Case; or:
- Click Start > New > Case; or:
- Open the record for the person who's reported the Case and on the main tab click New > Case.
- Open the record for the person who's reported the Case, open the Cases tab and click Add Case > New Case.
Alternatively, if you have the Contract module you can:
- Open the Contract record relating to the goods/services for which support has been requested, open the Cases tab and click New Case.
Cases can be assigned to an individual or to a Queue. Setting up and using Case Queues is a great way to ensure that Cases are allocated to the relevant people / teams quickly.
You can link to the Primary Contact record using the Person icon next to their name. Cases are automatically linked to the Primary Contact's record. In addition, if the Primary Contact is linked to an employer the Case will also be linked to that employer's Organisation record. If the Primary Contact changes employer using the "Employer Wizard" (see here for more information), the employer field will stay unchanged until you reselect the Primary Contact. This means that the Case will stay related to the Organisation that it was raised by.
Remember to update the Status field as the Case progresses and to complete the resolution information when the Case is closed.
When logging a new Case, check you're happy with the default settings for Priority and Status and enter a Summary.
Being as descriptive as possible with all the fields will allow you to find Cases more easily and will increase the relevance of any Reports you run on Cases, so enter a Description and populate as many fields as possible before clicking Save & Close.
Remember, you can use the Assigned to field to help you with the flow of work regarding the Case, including escalating it to a specific user or a Queue.
To relate a Case to a Contract and, if relevant, specific Line Items within that Contract, open the Customer Contract reveal. Clicking on the drop-down menu next to Contract Name will show a list of Contracts on your database (except those with a status of Closed). You can click on the Contract icon next to the Contract Name to open that record. If you entered a Primary Contact for the Case, this list will be reduced to show only those Contracts for that Primary Contact's employer. It is possible to resize the Line Item section using the blue bars above and below the sections.
Once you've associated a Contract with a Case you can see (in read-only mode) the Contract Start and End Dates, its Status, Type and Reference number. You will also see a grid showing any Line Items on the Contract.
You can use the checkbox next to the relevant Line Item to associate the Case with one or more specific Line Items. NOTE: Line Items cannot be edited or deleted from within a Case. If amendments are required they should be made within the Contract. Amendments can only be made by Users with the relevant Capabilities (ie, Edit Posted Customer Contracts and/or Edit Posted Customer Contracts Custom fields).
When the Case has been resolved you should enter the details of the resolution within the Resolution Information reveal.
Clicking on Start > Cases displays the Cases Landing Page. The Cases Landing Page displays a choice of views:
- My Open Cases - a subset of all the Cases showing a list of those open Cases assigned to you or that you're Watching.
- All Cases - a list of all the Cases on your database.
- Open Cases - a list of all the open Cases on your database.
Closed Cases - a list of all the Cases on your database that have been closed.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined and click on it.