- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Displaying & Adding Cases
To create a new Case you can:
- Click Start > Cases > New Case; or:
- Click Start > New > Case; or:
- Open the record for the person who's reported the Case and on the main tab click New > Case.
- Open the record for the person who's reported the Case, open the Cases tab and click Add Case > New Case.
Alternatively, if you have the Contract module you can:
- Open the Contract record relating to the goods/services for which support has been requested, open the Cases tab and click New Case.
Cases can be assigned to an individual or to a Queue. Setting up and using Case Queues is a great way to ensure that Cases are allocated to the relevant people / teams quickly.
You can link to the Primary Contact record using the Person icon next to their name. Cases are automatically linked to the Primary Contact's record. In addition, if the Primary Contact is linked to an employer the Case will also be linked to that employer's Organisation record. If the Primary Contact changes employer using the "Employer Wizard" (see here for more information), the employer field will stay unchanged until you reselect the Primary Contact. This means that the Case will stay related to the Organisation that it was raised by.
Remember to update the Status field as the Case progresses and to complete the resolution information when the Case is closed.
When logging a new Case, check you're happy with the default settings for Priority and Status and enter a Summary.
Being as descriptive as possible with all the fields will allow you to find Cases more easily and will increase the relevance of any Reports you run on Cases, so enter a Description and populate as many fields as possible before clicking Save & Close.
Remember, you can use the Assigned to field to help you with the flow of work regarding the Case, including escalating it to a specific user or a Queue.
To relate a Case to a Contract and, if relevant, specific Line Items within that Contract, open the Customer Contract reveal. Clicking on the drop-down menu next to Contract Name will show a list of Contracts on your database (except those with a status of Closed). You can click on the Contract icon next to the Contract Name to open that record. If you entered a Primary Contact for the Case, this list will be reduced to show only those Contracts for that Primary Contact's employer. It is possible to resize the Line Item section using the blue bars above and below the sections.
Once you've associated a Contract with a Case you can see (in read-only mode) the Contract Start and End Dates, its Status, Type and Reference number. You will also see a grid showing any Line Items on the Contract.
You can use the checkbox next to the relevant Line Item to associate the Case with one or more specific Line Items. NOTE: Line Items cannot be edited or deleted from within a Case. If amendments are required they should be made within the Contract. Amendments can only be made by Users with the relevant Capabilities (ie, Edit Posted Customer Contracts and/or Edit Posted Customer Contracts Custom fields).
When the Case has been resolved you should enter the details of the resolution within the Resolution Information reveal.
Clicking on Start > Cases displays the Cases Landing Page. The Cases Landing Page displays a choice of views:
- My Open Cases - a subset of all the Cases showing a list of those open Cases assigned to you or that you're Watching.
- All Cases - a list of all the Cases on your database.
- Open Cases - a list of all the open Cases on your database.
Closed Cases - a list of all the Cases on your database that have been closed.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined and click on it.