- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Support Processes
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Imports Troubleshooting
- Quick Import (BETA)
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
- GatorMail Troubleshooting
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- RevenueGrid Intelligence and Engage
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Report Snapshots
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Customising an Organisation form
- Displaying a Tab as a Side Panel
- Card View
- Form Layout / Layout Rules Troubleshooting
- Read-only Assigned to Fields
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- January 2024 Release
- September 2023 Release
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
DocuSign Example - Creating a Template for Cases
DocuSign can be used to send a document for signature from a Case record to the Primary Contact. You could use a Case to represent a Support Policy or Statement of Work (SoW). These are documents where the content on the page will remain constant and only require the signature and name to be captured. Although, you could add in details from the Case record where appropriate as well - see our example here which shows how to achieve this using a different record type, however the concept remains the same.
This example will take you through the process of how to set up a DocuSign Template that can be sent from a Case.
Note: It is also possible to send a Workbooks PDF from a Case, however this would require the creation of a custom PDF template. For more information on setting up custom PDFs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To create a New Template you will first need to login to DocuSign. Once logged in, from the New menu select Create Template.
On the new Template, give it an appropriate Name & Description, then upload the file that will be sent out for signature.
Add a recipient with a Template Role of “Signer”. Once this is complete, save & close the Template. We’ll come back to this screen later to add the signature fields once the integration has been configured in Workbooks.
Create a New Document from the DocuSign integration Menu. The configuration wizard is accessed from Start > Configuration > Email & Integration > DocuSign. Select New Document and Continue.
Configure the document to your specifications, giving it an appropriate name and selecting Case as the Record Type.
For this example, we will be using a DocuSign Template so for Integration Type, select DocuSign Template. A new option will appear, allowing to select the DocuSign Template that you want to use. Select the Template that was configured in Stage 1.
We recommend that you set up your template so that you receive all DocuSign Notifications enabling you to be kept fully updated on all customer actions. We’d also recommend that you turn on the Certificate of Completion setting. If you have the Workbooks Audit module, you will also be able to see some of this detail in the Summary tab on the Workbooks record.
For this example we will not be creating any fields in DocuSign, more details on this feature can be found on our Knowledge Base.
As the Signer for Cases will always be the Primary Contact, the Signer/CC Recipient Setup section will not contain any information.
For this example the Interactive Send Mode is turned on so that the Draft Document can be reviewed before it is sent out, the rest of the settings can be turned off.
Once this stage has been completed the Template is ready to be setup for use.
Note: Keep this window open as you will need to refer back to the Parameters set here when setting up the Button Process.
Once the Template has been installed you will need to configure any Form Layouts with the Docusign Fields and the Button Process in order to generate the Document Envelope for sending.
To configure this, go to Start > Configuration > Customisation > Record Types > Cases. On the Form Layouts tab select the Form Layout that you want to generate the DocuSign Envelope from. Once you have opened the Form Layout go to the Automation Tab and select New Process Button.
This will generate a new dialogue box that will allow you to configure your Button Process. Set the following details to configure a new Process Button:
- Button Text: You will need to ensure that your Button Text identifies the correct Document, especially if you have different Documents that will be used for different types of Cases.
- Script Location: Select Script Library
- Script: Select DocuSign Integration
- Enabled: Ensure the Enable checkbox is checked
- Run as: Set as the appropriate User, for this example select the Current User so that they receive notifications for the Document
Once this page has been configured, press Save and then go to the Parameter Values Tab.
You will then need to set the values for the document_name and mode parameters which were defined on the completion of the Template setup.
Once the Button Process has been configured, close this and return to the Fields tab of the Form Layout and ensure that your Form Layouts are configured to show the required DocuSign Fields.
Once this is complete you are ready to finalise your DocuSign Template in DocuSign.
Return to DocuSign to configure any fields on the Template, such as a Signature or the recipient’s name. Select the Templates option and use the dropdown on the Use button to select the Edit option.
Here you can review your initial template setup and make any final changes to the Template. Once you are happy with the changes select the Next button to start configuring the Fields. We would recommend given the Template a description that highlights that this is used by the Workbooks integration and should not be deleted.
On this page you can choose any of the Fields that are required to complete your document. Once you have made all of the required changes, remember to save and close the Template. The Template is now ready to be sent.
Once you have set up the Form Layout with a Button Process you will be able to generate a new document via DocuSign.
Ensure that there is a Person related to the Case using the Primary Contact Field. This will create a Primary Contact relationship which will be used by Docusign to identify the signer.
Once you have checked this, click Run Process and select the appropriate Process to run.
The Process will switch to a DocuSign tab (only if you left Interactive Send set to “On” during the document setup) allowing you to review the details on the document and preview how it will be presented to the Customer.
If you are happy with the document, you can then use the Send Button - DocuSign will then send the generated preview as a live email to your Customer.
You can review the status of the document at any time from the Main tab of the record in Workbooks or you may wish to build out our suggested Reports to help you manage all documents in one place. The DocuSign: Document Status Field will provide you with a live update as to where the Document is with the signee and the DocuSign: Last Action will tell you when the Last Action occurred.
Note: We have created a Forum Post that provides a step-by-step guide to building a Report that allows you to review DocuSign Templates at any stage.
Once the document has been signed you will receive a Notification in line with your Workbooks Notification settings - you may also receive emails from DocuSign as events take place, these can be configured in the DocuSign Admin Console. The DocuSign Document Status Field will be updated to Document Signed and you will be able to review the signed Document from the DocuSign Signed Document Field.
Additionally the Certificate of Completion will be available for you to review from the Files tab, providing that this has been configured on your Form Layout.