- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
Electronic Signing Tools
- Docusign Integration
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Setting up your Email Server
STEP ONE: Establish the details of your SMTP email server
If you have your own in-house email system, then your IT staff should be able to provide you with the hostname or IP address of your server. If you use a hosted email server, then your service provider can supply you with the details.
STEP TWO: Create a new user on your SMTP email server, which can be used to authenticate against
Nearly all SMTP servers will block unauthenticated connections; therefore you need to create a user name and password on your email server, so that Workbooks can use the credentials to authenticate.
STEP THREE: (If you use an in-house email server): Allow the Workbooks Servers access to your SMTP server
If you use an in-house server, it is likely that your firewall will block SMTP connections from Workbooks. Therefore your firewall needs to be changed to allow the servers access.
You need to allow access from three IP ranges on port 25.
Range One: 220.127.116.11/28 (i.e. the addresses 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124).
Range Two: 126.96.36.199/28 (i.e. the addresses 188.8.131.52 through 184.108.40.206).
Range Three: 220.127.116.11/28 (i.e. the addresses 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124).
STEP FOUR: Add the details of your SMTP server and the user name and password you created to Workbooks
Click Start > Configuration > Email & Integration > Email Settings.
Enter the hostname (or IP address) of your SMTP server in the SMTP Server name field. If you have multiple SMTP servers then you will enter a hostname here which resolves to more than one IP address in DNS.
In the Description field simply add text to document the SMTP server being used.
Select the port number, this is very likely to be port 25, unless your SMTP server has an unusual configuration.
Remember to click Save.